The're should be more pc games, converted into mac games
i think that more pc games should be for mac because they get all the latest games, for instence: cod: Ghosts, black flag, dayz, i bet a lot of mac gamers would pay a lot of money to have those converted into mac games.
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 22 komentářů
Agreed, It sucks I love my Mac and I love my gaming on the go! Why can't they be combined! Combine them like peanut butter and chocolate. That combo worked out great! Why not combine Mac games with great PC games.
It's the game developpers' fault if their game isn't available on Mac, not Steam's fault.
agreed:sentry::balloonicorn::tradingcard::steamflake:
Hi at all. I take opportunity to said my opinion about this matther: why not combine mac and pc games? there is.
I use Wine technology for run pc games on my mbpro i7, 2.3MHz, 4 DDR3 1600, Nvidia GeForce650. Read about Wine project. I think it's a BIG opportunity to save time, money, headaches and don't need a windows licence! Only that worth a good bottle of...
For instance now i use Steam client inside a bottle of CrossOver and can play all my pc games without (small) "bottleneck" (how many bottle here!) as Parallel, or Bootcamp losing all mac legacy. Why loose my mac only for game? Or buy a windows licence (sorry i have one because enclosed with pc laptop)?
Giammai, Never, Jamais, Nicht... deutche nicht... Support Wine project because works for all of us. This is my opinion, have a nice time ;-) sorry my pidgin english and now on my S**y Va1o run Ubuntu ;-)
Naposledy upravil Kordaz; 3. led. 2014 v 17.29
I mostly game on my desktop, but it is nice to be able to use my MBP with steam on the go without having to boot into my bootcamp windows. We'll see how things go with the Steam OS gains....steam.
Parallels doesn't make you reboot. I just open a PC game as I would a normal Mac Program. Part of the reason they don't rush out Mac versions is because we can run the PC versions. What I wonder about is why Steam doesn't have Borderlands (1) because apple store does.
agreed :tradingcard:
For years I remember Mac users CRYING AND BEGGING for an OS X version of Steam. Now that it's here and, let's be honest, it's been around for a LONG while now, many developers are just being lazy at this point. They could certainly make their games available for Mac (and now Linux) especially if they sell well. Plus they are making console versions of them as well, so what's their excuse? Do they not like money? Valve makes a lot of deals with a lot of develeopers and publishers, they should have it be a requirement now to push out Mac and Linux versions if your game is available for sale on Steam. Us OS X users shouldn't be left in the cold because of the stigma against OS X as a gaming platform. It defeats the purpose of having one client for all platforms if you can't even enjoy a vast majority of the great Windows titles on OS X or Linux...
cmdshft původně napsal:
Us OS X users shouldn't be left in the cold because of the stigma against OS X as a gaming platform.

... You think developers don't make OS X versions because there is a Stigma? It is much more likely that most developers look at the numbers and decide that the target audience is to small and therefore the potential gain is to small in comparison to the money they will have to spend on making an OS X version. When more people use Macs and are part of steam, developers will reconsider.

As for the requirement part, I am against that. Your train of thought seems to be that, if that were the case, every game on steam would have an OS X version. It is more likely that there simply would be a lot less games on steam. Developers would release elsewhere.

It will change if the number of MAC gamers increases. I don't have any numbers on that, but my guess would be that it does indeed increase, so it might be a matter of time.
counterfloh původně napsal:
cmdshft původně napsal:
... You think developers don't make OS X versions because there is a Stigma?
There are quite a few that do. Just look at what Chris Roberts said about Macs recently[forums.robertsspaceindustries.com]:
In fact most Macs are probably much worse gaming machines than a next gen console (as Apple is the antithesis of what I love about PCs)
He's not alone with that sentiment.
Naposledy upravil Janichsan; 6. led. 2014 v 0.45
Steam has no control over this, it's all the devolpers if you see a game you want on mac ask them for it , it's the onlyway they will know that mac users want the game.
harleymarie původně napsal:
Agreed, It sucks I love my Mac and I love my gaming on the go! Why can't they be combined! Combine them like peanut butter and chocolate. That combo worked out great! Why not combine Mac games with great PC games.
If you want to game on the go, why not get a Windows Laptop?
Umm no, Windows will always be the master race for gaming. 90% of the Market share for computer operating systems is controlled by Windows. Also, the Hardware in Mac sucks pretty bad and you cant build a pc or buy a pc that isnt made by apple and put OSX on it legaly, thus meaning that all (legal) osx computer have bad hardware, and therefore if I was a dev, I would go with Windows and Linux only.
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 22 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 3. led. 2014 v 9.45
Počet příspěvků: 22