Justin 1/jan./2014 às 8:18
Steam crashes upon exit
Greetings,

Whenever I exit Steam, the program crashes and OS X dispalsy the error report. I read on a forum that this problem occurs because of some memory leak with the store. I had switched the startup screen to be my library and that seems to fix it but this seems like a problem that should have been fixed by now. Do we have any status update on a fix?

Also, unrelated (or maybe it is), but Steam doesn't seem to save my username/pass so whenever I start Steam, I have to reenter them. I do have the save password box checked.

Thanks!
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 17
korda 1/jan./2014 às 10:58 
Nothings about your system caonfig? Ram? OS mounted, Pb or iMac?
For my experience use CrossOver for use win games, without need of power machines and no need windows licence. Now i works "inside a bottle" of this CrossOver.
Happy new 2014
KittenCanaveral 1/jan./2014 às 11:18 
I have the same issue , I just ignore it myself I figure it's closed and im to lazy to deal with it more.
bondpat 1/jan./2014 às 15:16 
I had this problem aswell, though I found out what my issue was. I have a windows machine that has steam installed on it. Whenever you open steam on another device, it logs you out of all other devices, and if the steam window was open on my Mac, it would crash. Hope this helps
sirdude 2/jan./2014 às 8:52 
For me, it's whenever I exit steam via command-q it crashes.
If you exit it through the menu Steam->quit it works fine.
Lucifalle 2/jan./2014 às 11:23 
This is a relevant issue, I have been experiencing the same for a long time now. I am on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8.5. My software is all up to date. Whenever I exit Steam, it will crash and display the crash report message. It also crashes sporadically whenever it feels like it. Lately it has begun to crash whenever I attempt to access the Community pages - which is a huge shame, as I used those frequently. I have had issues with Greenlight as well, the videos do not play on the Mac client (although they play just fine through a browser). As I already mentioned, this has been going on for a long, long time.

I think maybe Valve should consider paying a bit more attention to these issues. I have already sent in a few support tickets, but there has been no visible progress for the last half a year or so.
Última edição por Lucifalle; 2/jan./2014 às 11:24
Lucifalle 3/jan./2014 às 7:58 
I apologise for the Community issues... seems like Steam was DDoSed yesterday, and that might have had an effect on it. I am now able to access those features again. It is what prompted me to post here in the first place.

Although the Greenlight and crashing upon exit issue remains unresolved.
SoupDragon 5/jan./2014 às 4:11 
Mac mini 2013, OSX 10.9x, 16GB RAM.
Every game I quit brings up the crash screen, even when Steam is still running. It's odd and I ignore it as the games still start okay...but why can't they close without causing a catastrophic crash?
KittenCanaveral 5/jan./2014 às 4:23 
Escrito originalmente por yakplanet:
Mac mini 2013, OSX 10.9x, 16GB RAM.
Every game I quit brings up the crash screen, even when Steam is still running. It's odd and I ignore it as the games still start okay...but why can't they close without causing a catastrophic crash?
I personaly think it might be OSX, steam closes ok but the OS thinks it was a crash... could be the way the app is comunicateing with the os about the quit.
SoupDragon 5/jan./2014 às 5:23 
"could be the way the app is comunicateing with the os about the quit."
Yes Kate, I think that is exactly the issue, but not being a programmer I don't have a clue how to stop it, therefore I ignore it. When Steam app closes a game within Steam, it is not telling the OS (10.9 in my case) that the game was closed correctly, which causes the crash log to come up. It happens on almost all Steam games so seems to be a Steam-OSX miscommunication. Maybe they'll fix it one day?
KittenCanaveral 5/jan./2014 às 6:13 
I am guessing a bug report ahs been posted in the beta group, but I would have to look, I would have no way to know if it's being worked on.
JasonPero 5/jan./2014 às 7:27 
I just ignore it too. I figure if it crashed while I was quitting it already anyway, I don't care that much.
PōlishSausage 5/jan./2014 às 18:50 
I get this every time I quit a game, it just boots me to my desktop and I get a steam crash window. Just ignore it.
Kremloff 1/fev./2014 às 16:35 
Used to happen a lot with my Mac but somehow it stopped now.
Pofi 30/mai./2018 às 11:33 
This issue still exist!
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 17
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 1/jan./2014 às 8:18