TheGreatOne« Dec 29, 2013 @ 10:05am
Winter Sales
How come NONE of the sales are mac related? Steam needs to stop making it only PC games for sale. what abunch of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
ultra magnus Dec 29, 2013 @ 10:13am 
there are lots! like: trine complete, spec ops, dust, shadow run returns, rayman origins, etc. I bought some good games for mac during the winter sale.
Dmytrus Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:03pm 
What do you mean, bro? Many games are Steam Play (both Mac and PC). I've been tailoring my purchases toward Mac games and have had no problem picking up glorious titles. If you're looking for specific games that have yet to be ported over to the Mac, well, that's not Steam's fault.
Last edited by Dmytrus; Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:04pm
Ron ︻气デ═一 Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
I've got a ton on sale too. Trine 2. Is awesome, call of duty, borderlands 2. I have bought about 10 games this week. If it's a good game it will be for Mac too. Really the stuff that ins't... I don't care to have anyway... And I have a PC too! But I don't like it since getting the iMac. I've been a PC since 1980 and this year went iMac and will never go back
Ron ︻气デ═一 Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
Yeah I got spec ops today, fun to play as well. Dubai locale.
AixAixorcism Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
There are Mac games, but incomparision to the PC ones, it's terrible. Truth is that it's not Steam's fault, it's the developers who either 1.) don't want to waste their time because it's more of a niche market adn there's not a lot of potential for profit or 2.) something about the game would make turning it into a Mac version near impossible. Mostly from what I hear it's just to costly and time consuming. Steam has nothing to do with the limited availability of Mac compatible titles.
Last edited by AixAixorcism; Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:49pm
TheMutantPanda Dec 29, 2013 @ 2:47pm 
Thanks, I'll look into those mentioned!
Ron ︻气デ═一 Dec 29, 2013 @ 4:16pm 
Walking dead, counter strike, insurgency, strike suit zero...hoping black ops goes ons ale. 49,95 yikes.
Ron ︻气デ═一 Dec 29, 2013 @ 4:18pm 
The last games I bought for PC, II installed on the Mac under parallels and they run faster and smoother than they did on my PC.
Minly ♛ Dec 29, 2013 @ 9:26pm 
omg
Bifrons Dec 29, 2013 @ 10:11pm 
None? There are several - though I do wish that some of the titles available in the Mac store were also available here (Borderlands 1 comes to mind - I hate bootcamping just for nostalgia), but there are quite a few. What I wish is that there were more native ports, not just Wine wrappers (Witcher, I'm looking at you).
TheGreatOne« Dec 30, 2013 @ 12:20am 
I really like some of the games that are going on sale. But its a pain in the ♥♥♥ to get a wrapper working properly. I have sins of a solar empire that works pretty well in wineskin but it crashes after 45 or 55 minutes, so i cant really play multiplayer. I know there are alot of MAC games on steam but only 5% of them are going on sale. wtf
Dmytrus Dec 30, 2013 @ 1:21pm 
Do you like indie games, homie? Check out: Papers, Please!, Hotline Miami, Rogue Legacy, Bastion, Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja. All really interesting games.
Ron ︻气デ═一 Jan 1 @ 7:08am 
WHY bootcamp? why not parallels? no reboot - I can run Mac games and windows games side by side. Parallel's is priced fairly, and I haven't found anything it can't run - faster and better than my Dell XPS. I'm using it now, As steam is downloading my recent PC game purchases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5gxp91RBrU&feature=em-upload_owner
Maskedman90 Nov 28 @ 6:12am 
WHO play games on mac. They are ment for work relations and server side things NOT games.
Hayden Nov 28 @ 11:15am 
There are 1343 games on Steam for Mac OSX ( http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_5_9__12&term=#sort_by=_ASC&category1=998&os=mac&page=1 )

Of those 1343 games, 964 areon sale currently ( http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1&os=win#sort_by=_ASC&category1=998&os=mac&specials=1&page=1 )

That means 71.78% of Mac games are on sale. Compare that to 2784 games on sale out of 4177 that are available for Windows. That is only 68.81% of Windows games on sale. Therefore there is higher percentage of Mac titles on sale than Windows titles.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50