Crazy Drago Dec 20, 2013 @ 6:46am
Steam and Mavericks
Anyone else having issues with Steam not reconnecting after coming out of sleep mode in OSX 10.9 Mavericks? I don't remember having this problem with the last OS.
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
bondpat Dec 20, 2013 @ 8:59am 
It's usually fine for me, but on occasion I need to quit steam and restart it (steam) after waking from sleep.
ckchiruka Dec 20, 2013 @ 1:37pm 
steam's always been a bit slow and finnicky for me, but restarted helps.
Terrelian Dec 20, 2013 @ 5:23pm 
It's weird. Have a Macbook Air and a Macbook Pro in this house, both running Mavericks. The Air can connect just fine, but the Pro gets the generic connection failure message every time I try to log in.
cnf Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:36am 
WFM, but I only use it for the friends chat on my air.
Teksura Dec 21, 2013 @ 5:32am 
I've not encountered any problems at all since I upgraded to Mavericks.
†<CC>< Stargater59 Dec 22, 2013 @ 4:45pm 
I'm running Mavericks on an iMac and if I have Steam running while it goes into sleep mode, when waking up I cannot launch any game (it just becomes stuck at "Preparing to launch [...]".

I haven't taken any time to check other features, as I generally just quit Steam then reopen.
Crazy Drago Dec 23, 2013 @ 10:35am 
Originally posted by †<CC>< Stargater59:
I'm running Mavericks on an iMac and if I have Steam running while it goes into sleep mode, when waking up I cannot launch any game (it just becomes stuck at "Preparing to launch [...]".

This is the exact problem I have. That and my friends list and online status are stuck and cannot be changed. I have to shut down steam and relaunch it. Things could be worse, but my point was that I don't remember this happening with Mountain Lion.
Welsh Dec 23, 2013 @ 1:07pm 
no problems for me!
s33r Dec 23, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
Originally posted by Crazy Drago:
Originally posted by †<CC>< Stargater59:

This is the exact problem I have. That and my friends list and online status are stuck and cannot be changed. I have to shut down steam and relaunch it. Things could be worse, but my point was that I don't remember this happening with Mountain Lion.
Aye I've had this happen on occasion and a full restart of Steam sorted it. Odd issue to have but heck it could be worse.
goodniceman12 Dec 24, 2013 @ 3:18am 
gg
dcourteau Dec 24, 2013 @ 11:28pm 
No problem here with maverick on a mac mini
hardcoded Jan 2 @ 9:12am 
I have a similar issue as the original post. Steam doesn't launch any games after resuming from sleep mode.
Last edited by hardcoded; Jan 2 @ 9:12am
Manick Jan 2 @ 9:48am 
Yearh... there is always a update for steam on my mac... but almost never on my W8 machine...
Dsslawyer Jan 2 @ 11:22am 
This is the exact problem I have.
Jack Bauer Jan 2 @ 1:14pm 
Mavericks is definitely the issue here. Its a pain in the butt, not only does it refuse to reconnect, but when I close a game 1 out of two times I cant reopen it because Steam thinks its still "open". So I have to force quit steam and start over. Im thinking of going back to mountain lion, this crap didn't happen. Thanks apple.
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2013 @ 6:46am