rajahgold Dec 10, 2013 @ 6:11pm
Steam Games crash my Mac, Then I Get a White Screen.
Every time I start playing a steam game (for example The walking Dead, FEZ, or Portal 2), eventually after 30 minutes or so, the game freezes, and my Macbook restarts. A white screen comes up and says "Your Macbook had to restart because of a problem"
Ive downloaded steam again, and it still continues.

Heres a photo of the white screen, in case that helps.
http://i.imgur.com/qfYNSlS.jpg
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
FACE! Dec 13, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
So i'm not the only one.. I can't play CSS more than a few minutes before a random crash. Sometimes its almost right away and others after 15 minutes. Really frustrating..
ultra magnus Dec 13, 2013 @ 9:35pm 
sounds like your macbook is overheating. try installing a fan control program like macsfancontrol and set it to a lower thresold for the fans to kick in and also make sure the air vents in your macbook are clear.
FACE! Dec 13, 2013 @ 10:04pm 
Its a Mac Mini with fresh steam install. For some reason my Air runs it just fine..
FACE! Dec 14, 2013 @ 11:53am 
Hmm, i just did a test playing the game in a window, while watching the activity monitor. Nothing called file kernel_task was even in the list. I would see hl2_osx jump up to 115-150% but nothing out of the ordinary. seemed to be working fine for a few maps cycles and so i tried it in full screen mode, and it crashed within a few minutes. In the crash report at the very top it said something about Core Audio.. However the only time i ever gotten a messege pop up after a crash it said " Engine Error . IVP Failed..." Usually it just crashes and i have to reopen CSS.

I dont think it would be heat.. its really cold in here, and i've played for hours on my macbook air with no problems at all. About the same specs too, not sure what would have been different about the mac mini.
Last edited by FACE!; Dec 14, 2013 @ 11:54am
*Catacus* Dec 14, 2013 @ 3:18pm 
It sometimes overheats, it happens to me.
rajahgold Dec 28, 2013 @ 9:12am 
I do believe i have discovered the problem. It seems to only crash when I am using an xbox controller. I think it might have something to do with the patch I used. Downloaded a new/updated patch this morning and it has yet to crash.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2013 @ 6:11pm