sergethegsd Oct 22, 2014 @ 1:37pm
Cross platform use - moving from PC to Mac
I currently have a PC and play Tombraider (DVD version) via Steam. I have ordered my first iMac and am wondering whether I will be able to play the same Tombraider (without rebuying it) on the iMac via Steam?
I know I can boot the iMac into Windows via Bootcamp, but that tends to defeat the reason for buying a Mac - will I have to repurchse the game with the Mac version, or will it work with my current DVD once I have downloaded Steam onto the iMac?

Thanks.,
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Teksura Oct 22, 2014 @ 4:06pm 
Your profile is private so I can't check your games list, but presumably you activated the product on Steam and own the game on Steam.

Steam games (i.e. anything owned by your steam account) are linked to your account, not your computer. Moving from and old computer to a new computer does not make you lose your games. You will be able to download and play any game which is compatible with the system specs of your new system. Tomb Raider has been released with mac support, but please check the store page for Tomb Raider and check to see if your new iMac meets the minimum system requirments for Tomb Raider.

You can always check store pages to reference what platforms are supported by any given game.
Last edited by Teksura; Oct 22, 2014 @ 4:08pm
sergethegsd Nov 4, 2014 @ 3:47pm 
Thts great thanks very much!

Taysuu Nov 4, 2014 @ 3:49pm 
what are talking about
just redownload to mac. After being a PC guru for 30 years, I was kinda force fed a imac and loved it and will never buy another windows machine. OSX is killer.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 22, 2014 @ 1:37pm