กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Steam for Mac > รายละเอียดกระทู้
Best controller for mac
What controller is best for Mac gaming (or PC under Bootcamp)?

Do PS3 or Xbox controllers have any benefit other than people already own the systems? Are they better supported than general game controllers?

< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 16 ความเห็น
Officially branded XBox 360 controllers seem to be the way to go. Specifically the ones labeled as for Windows. The PS3 controllers are starting to make it into more games these days, but I think the 360 is still supported by more titles.

Off-brand and generic controllers are rarely supported officially, but may work in some instances despite that.
Oh, and just a tip, check the system requirements for the games you are interested in playing, they'll usually list what controllers are supported.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย SeraphSword:
Oh, and just a tip, check the system requirements for the games you are interested in playing, they'll usually list what controllers are supported.

I was just thinking about in general has the most support.
The first game that made me consider a gamepad is Broforce and it just says a gamepad is highly recommended.

I think I have an old iShock controller around, I wonder if that is still supported by Macally?
I use a dualshock 4 (PS4). It works with most things, though I have to use a program called joystick mapper for some games.
I have mapper - but never used it. It APPEARS it's only a replacement for keyboard strokes. So digital on/off only? Or does it handle analog as welll? If the game is digital (keyboard) I'd prefer to use keyboard. But analog mouse control would be nice to map to a controller.
If on Windows, the xbox controller is really the most trouble-free option (like first commenter said, while on Mac... that's a different beast, for example, I have like 20 games that say "controller supported on Mac", but only 2 of them work using my Dualshock 4 (which is recognized by Steam's Big Picture perfectly fine), they are Super Meat Boy and FEZ, I don't have a xbox 360 controller to test under Mac, if get one will update.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย bondpat:
I use a dualshock 4 (PS4). It works with most things, though I have to use a program called joystick mapper for some games.
Same, almost. I use a PowerA PS3 controller and I just have to map things out with Joystick Mapper prior to playing games the first time. No problem at all though; i prefer the mini PS3 for my small girl hands. :pinkdeath:
I would go with a ps3 controller or a xbox.
Typically, I agree with Seraph, the xbox controllers are good, but PS3 seem to be slipping in there these days. If you've got both, just experiment and see what you think yourself.
I use Xbox 360 for Mac games - works GREAT but I use my SRW-S1 under windows games. You can use any controller when booting windows.
xbox 360 is plug and play.
Why not just use keyboard and mouse? :D
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย champmike; 15 พ.ค. 2014 @ 3: 45pm
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Catalyse:
Why not just use keyboard and mouse? :D

Some games just seem easier with a controller since they only need direction keys plus a few others.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 16 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50

กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Steam for Mac > รายละเอียดกระทู้