DeadPoolVSGaming Apr 6 @ 11:47pm
Why can't most pc games be on mac its just not right they should make it on mac too
i think macs should get more new games like pc has gotten. pc has gotten most of the simulators call of duty and everything like that don't you think people who have mac's should have more games
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
|«ScReaM»| Apr 7 @ 12:01am 
MACs are not as popular as PCs running Windows and, therefore, not as profitable for the devs/publishers. The market share for MACs in the gaming area is just too low.
MACs are also not really intended for gaming, if you're interested in gaming, then you should rather get a Windows PC which, in most cases, offers more power for less money.
Blue Lantaern Apr 7 @ 12:14am 
if your intentions are purely for gaming, then get a PC
DeadPoolVSGaming Apr 7 @ 12:15am 
Originally posted by Blue Lantaern:
Yea i probably will when i first got my computer i didnt relise that they didnt have that many games
Arveey Apr 7 @ 1:29am 
Windows is better
shnox Apr 7 @ 4:23pm 
I think they should, what's the point in having Steam for Mac when you can only play very few games, even if the games are small platform games.
Last edited by shnox; Apr 7 @ 4:23pm
Googleygames Apr 7 @ 6:34pm 
Originally posted by DeadPoolVSGaming:
i think macs should get more new games like pc has gotten. pc has gotten most of the simulators call of duty and everything like that don't you think people who have mac's should have more games
I agree!
deuus Apr 8 @ 4:33am 
врпврвахрвбо
варпщзле
ырюзхвы
гзыро
ызорызохыолщыкхлощхкоц
Mozart Apr 8 @ 9:07am 
As Scream said.
Check out current OS marketshare: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
95% of all users are running Windows. 3.5% are running OS X. Its unlikely that Mac revenues would overcome development costs. The result is either we get really bad ports or no game at all.
Macs are great both in terms of hardware and software, but the reality is if you want a computer just to play games, you might want to buy a PC.
epruss Apr 8 @ 11:46am 
Originally posted by DeadPoolVSGaming:
Originally posted by Blue Lantaern:
Yea i probably will when i first got my computer i didnt relise that they didnt have that many games

Any modern Mac can run effectively all Windows games and software - simply get a copy of MS Windows and configure Apple's Boot Camp, which lets the computer dual-boot between OS X and Windows. There are also several (Parallels Desktop is my preference) virtualisation products that allows you to install Windows or conver the Boot Camp to a virtual machine, which lets OS X and Windows apps (as well as Linux and several others) run side by side. RAM becomes the biggest limiter, but RAM upgrades are really cheap.
Akihiko-senpai Apr 11 @ 8:50am 
The Mac library is getting better, bet your best bet really is to bootcamp and making part of your hard drive run windows.
DeadPoolVSGaming Apr 11 @ 5:46pm 
Originally posted by Mike Aruba:
The Mac library is getting better, bet your best bet really is to bootcamp and making part of your hard drive run windows.

How do you do that exatly if you have a video tutorial show me
Infernal Apr 11 @ 9:26pm 
Mac is a pretty decent type of computer, but Windows is alot easier to code.
ultra magnus Apr 11 @ 9:42pm 
DeadPoolIVSGaming, just log in with an admin account and then go to:
Macintosh HD>Applications>Utilities>BootCamp Assistant and run Bootcamp Assistant and print out the instructions for reference and follow the instructions and you are set. Have a usb flash drive ready for the bootcamp drivers it will download and have a windows install disc ready or an windows iso file ready and follow the instructions for partitioning your hard drive and for installing windows. it is not that hard, i did it for my Mac mini w/ Windows 7 and my MacBook Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro.
Last edited by ultra magnus; Apr 11 @ 9:42pm
DeadPoolVSGaming Apr 12 @ 6:03pm 
Originally posted by ultra magnus:
DeadPoolIVSGaming, just log in with an admin account and then go to:
Macintosh HD>Applications>Utilities>BootCamp Assistant and run Bootcamp Assistant and print out the instructions for reference and follow the instructions and you are set. Have a usb flash drive ready for the bootcamp drivers it will download and have a windows install disc ready or an windows iso file ready and follow the instructions for partitioning your hard drive and for installing windows. it is not that hard, i did it for my Mac mini w/ Windows 7 and my MacBook Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro.

does it effect the computer at all?
ultra magnus Apr 12 @ 8:40pm 
The computer will be the same, but the hard drive space you gave for windows aka partitioning will become a separate partition called "BOOTCAMP" and will appear as an additional HD next to the Macintosh HD. My HD is 500GB and i gave the BOOTCAMP partition 160GB for Windows 7/8 OS and important files and I installed my Windows Steam games in an external 1TB HD and it works well. After Windows is successfully installed you will gain the ability to dual boot. So when you boot up, you press the option key and you will get the choice or which OS to boot up to such as Mac OSX or Windows 7/8. And if you don't press any key the default OS will boot. that's it.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 6 @ 11:47pm