Cake Buster Apr 4 @ 12:52am
64-bit support (valve games)?
I was wondering if anyone knows if Valve is planning on making their games 64-bit on the OSX platform. If you play any source game on OSX and look at it on Activity Monitor, you can see that it's 32-bit.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Mozart Apr 4 @ 4:45am 
I dont think so far there are any benefits for Valve games to take advantage of 64 bit.
Also there are a looooot of other issues with their games on OS X.
Jim Bond Apr 4 @ 10:25am 
I would imagine that at some point this will happen, especially if they support it in linux, I would agree with Mozart that the performance gains of 64 bit aren't totally clear. That said, World of Warcraft support 64-bit in OS X and I have heard that it has improved performance.
Cake Buster Apr 4 @ 12:34pm 
Originally posted by Mozart:
I dont think so far there are any benefits for Valve games to take advantage of 64 bit.
Also there are a looooot of other issues with their games on OS X.

Interesting, and that makes sense. I will agree there are somethings they can fix with OSX before considering 64-bit support.
Kargor Apr 5 @ 2:02am 
FYI: "64 bit" doesn't need support beyond flipping a compiler switch or two. If something causes problems when you do then you've merely triggered a bug that has been there all the time, and that would have bitten you eventually anyway.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 4 @ 12:52am