bigeyes1973 Apr 3 @ 1:24am
im on imac comp. how do u start play
i bought redalert3 and figured out i didnt not have requirements so i went out and bought parallels and windows for imac, but now that i have it stills says i dont have right platform. what does that mean
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Teksura Apr 3 @ 4:03am 
It means you have to start up parallels, install Steam on the windows side of things, amd then install the game on the windows end. Then you can play it through parallels.
Last edited by Teksura; Apr 3 @ 4:04am
Ron Apr 4 @ 9:24am 
YEP I do it often
Install parrallels - then installed windows. Then install steam when running windows. I have steam on my OSX and on my Mac Windows via parallels. THINK of them as two seperate computers, but they share devices and drives and clip board - drag and drop from Mac window to Win window and back. I love it.
bigeyes1973 Apr 4 @ 1:38pm 
ok i try thanks, been driving me nuts
bigeyes1973 Apr 4 @ 1:44pm 
it says i dont have platform or something when i try and play
Ron Apr 5 @ 11:26am 
Windows is the platform or OSX is the platform. If you have Mac you have OSX platform. UNLESS you boot windows on the Mac. (using parallels and then installing windows).
When I run parallels it runs windows 8 on my Mac and I then have the WINDOWS platform. I run windows Steam and it will download windows platform games on windows.
ELSE it will give that error if you try to download a Mac game on windows or a windows game on OSX (Mac). You must be running the proper OS for the game you are downloading.
bigeyes1973 Apr 8 @ 1:05pm 
does it normally take like 5 hrs for a game to update
Teksura Apr 8 @ 2:39pm 
That has everything to do with your download rate provided by your ISP. Give yours a test.
http://www.speedtest.net/
Ron Apr 10 @ 9:01am 
YES - it can - I have only 3G option (throttled) here where I live and it takes me usually 12 hours to GET THE GAME - and it may take 1-4 hours for a update depending on how big it is. If you are still downloading the game from purchase - 5 hours isn't all that bad compared to my speed
I download all night and in rare cases - real big games will take 2 nights of downloading all night. Wish I could get cable here, but they won't come to me.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 3 @ 1:24am