กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Steam for Mac > รายละเอียดกระทู้
Do i NEED Snow leopard to play Assassins creed Brotherhood on Mac?
Hey, i have a Mac OS X 10.9.2. I'm disappointed because i'm unable to play this game (keeps closing unexpectedly) and someone said it was to do with the fact i don't run Snow Leopard... Is this it for Assassins Creed Brotherhood? Or is there a way around? If there IS a way round, please KEEP IT SIMPLE AND CLEAR (I am a COMPLETE noob and not a computer-y person lol) thanks!
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-10 จาก 10 ความเห็น
(again with the same question?) NO you need snow leopard OR LATER. I run ACB on Mavericks - and I Have AC2 but fairly sure that's a Win only so I'd run it under parallels... let me go look for the executable... brb

NO it is Mac... I dunno why I thought that. I THINK because Steam doesn't offer AC2 for Mac. win only. And I believe then I bought it from Amazon with a steam code. Where did you get AC2? I don't think steam offers it.

I just went to confirm that AC2 works and it crashes on start now. IT DID work. OS update screw it up? I'll tinker with it a bit.

interesting.... my app link didnt work - but the link in Steam worked fine. I just loaded it right up and played it.

I stand corrected... just looked. STEAM sells both AC2 and ACB for Mac.
I own both, one from steam the other from another seller.
I just tried both and both worked from steam menu and I have latest mavericks.

I have 10.9.2 as well and not what I tought (no windows) both are native Mac games, but run all graphics on high and 2560x1440.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Ron ︻气デ 一; 4 เม.ย. 2014 @ 7:50am
try right right clicking on it.
then select properties
then select browse files and
then verify game cache.
it will update anything that doesn't check out.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Ron:
try right right clicking on it.
then select properties
then select browse files and
then verify game cache.
it will update anything that doesn't check out.

I did that, but it never did update anything. it said 1 file was missing, but i did it again afterwards and there was STILL 1 file missing
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Ron:
(again with the same question?) NO you need snow leopard OR LATER. I run ACB on Mavericks - and I Have AC2 but fairly sure that's a Win only so I'd run it under parallels... let me go look for the executable... brb

NO it is Mac... I dunno why I thought that. I THINK because Steam doesn't offer AC2 for Mac. win only. And I believe then I bought it from Amazon with a steam code. Where did you get AC2? I don't think steam offers it.

I just went to confirm that AC2 works and it crashes on start now. IT DID work. OS update screw it up? I'll tinker with it a bit.

interesting.... my app link didnt work - but the link in Steam worked fine. I just loaded it right up and played it.

I stand corrected... just looked. STEAM sells both AC2 and ACB for Mac.
I own both, one from steam the other from another seller.
I just tried both and both worked from steam menu and I have latest mavericks.

I have 10.9.2 as well and not what I tought (no windows) both are native Mac games, but run all graphics on high and 2560x1440.

Haha yes, sorry, i did not see my previous questions in discussion for some reason so i thought it'd glitched lol. And i am pretty mad i spent money on something that doesn't even work :L i got AC2 from the App Store and had no problem running that. It's just ACB thats causing problems... So anyways, either im just extremely stupid (i'll go with that) or i'm just missing something, but....... can you actually explain how you got it to work? thank you
Stupid is different from computer illiterate.
you bought AC2 on steam?
your cache check says one file missing.
it typically will then add that to your download requests and will download it automatically.

problem seems to be there. Are you set for auto updates? If I do that it starts downloading. At the bottom of the steam window you'll see "DOWNLOADING" you can click it to see what... or go to LIBRARY IN TOP MENU and then down to DOWNLOAD and it will show your downloading status. It should download then the cache check will say it's all ok.
then it should run.

What machine? what specs? processor and graphics card?
though if you can run AC2 then ACB shouldn't be a computer spec issue.
More likely a download/install issue.

I just checked my install and it took about 3-4 minutes to check and said all files are 100%. so you shoudl get the same before you try to run it.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Ron:
Stupid is different from computer illiterate.
you bought AC2 on steam?
your cache check says one file missing.
it typically will then add that to your download requests and will download it automatically.

problem seems to be there. Are you set for auto updates? If I do that it starts downloading. At the bottom of the steam window you'll see "DOWNLOADING" you can click it to see what... or go to LIBRARY IN TOP MENU and then down to DOWNLOAD and it will show your downloading status. It should download then the cache check will say it's all ok.
then it should run.

What machine? what specs? processor and graphics card?
though if you can run AC2 then ACB shouldn't be a computer spec issue.
More likely a download/install issue.

I just checked my install and it took about 3-4 minutes to check and said all files are 100%. so you shoudl get the same before you try to run it.

i really appreciate your help! No, i brought AC2 on the App Store, not Steam. I just checked my downloads and eveything says 0 so i can only assume nothing is downloading . I also tried to verify integrity again, but now it's stuck on ''0% complete'' and will not budge...

i have no idea about those questions, so i've copied and pasted everything it says on the ''about this mac'' button for my iMac:

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Hope this helps!! By the way, i have reinstalled it several times already, nothing has helped. Thanks again :)

I suspect that's integrated graphics card - which tend to not be supported by most games, but if it runs "II" then I can't see why not. Stuck and 0% during check? that's weird. you downloading it to the normal steam/steamapps directory on your root drive right?
To check it needs to be online. Else it might hang. Reboot and then do the cache verification again. you might also try - renaming the directory it's in from ACII to something you make up (like OLD-ACII) and then download it again. Just so you get a fresh install and not an over lap.
I'm new to Mac - so I'm not of much help... been a PC for decades.

most problems are solved with a bit of logic as to where things hang. If you get a 0% verified, then it's un-able to check - meaning it can't get the info on the original files (via online issue) or it can't find or read the files you've downloaded on your drive.
I suspect the CRC info is pulled from the original files and updates on Steam, so assuming with 0% that you're not connected or getting info from steam?
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Ron ︻气デ 一; 4 เม.ย. 2014 @ 11:37am
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Ron:
I suspect that's integrated graphics card - which tend to not be supported by most games, but if it runs "II" then I can't see why not. Stuck and 0% during check? that's weird. you downloading it to the normal steam/steamapps directory on your root drive right?
To check it needs to be online. Else it might hang. Reboot and then do the cache verification again. you might also try - renaming the directory it's in from ACII to something you make up (like OLD-ACII) and then download it again. Just so you get a fresh install and not an over lap.
I'm new to Mac - so I'm not of much help... been a PC for decades.

most problems are solved with a bit of logic as to where things hang. If you get a 0% verified, then it's un-able to check - meaning it can't get the info on the original files (via online issue) or it can't find or read the files you've downloaded on your drive.
I suspect the CRC info is pulled from the original files and updates on Steam, so assuming with 0% that you're not connected or getting info from steam?

Ah, sorry i'm having so many different issues with this... i thought before i start doing (or figuring out) what you have suggested, i should reinstall to ensure i have everything. But now, whenever i try to delete local content, apparently ''Assassins Creed Brotherhood is still running so it cannot be deleted.'' As you know, i haven't even been able to play the game so how could it be running? So many problems :/ Also, verifying integrity is all good now. It seems the situation changes everytime i go onto Steam!
It can be running and froze in the background. Programs "do run" without you seeing them.
Go to Hamacasoft.com and download "cmdQuit" run it - it will put icon on the top desktop bar. Click it and you can selective close of all running apps. Like on PC with process killer.
It's a free little tool that will allow you to see what's running and kill those things that might be froze in the background. Check the specs and make sure it will run on a intell/integrated graphics card.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Ron:
It can be running and froze in the background. Programs "do run" without you seeing them.
Go to Hamacasoft.com and download "cmdQuit" run it - it will put icon on the top desktop bar. Click it and you can selective close of all running apps. Like on PC with process killer.
It's a free little tool that will allow you to see what's running and kill those things that might be froze in the background. Check the specs and make sure it will run on a intell/integrated graphics card.

Thank you so much! It's reinstalling now. Sorry for my stupidity when it comes to computers, but how do i check the specs? thanks!
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-10 จาก 10 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50

กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Steam for Mac > รายละเอียดกระทู้