Magnell 30 MAR 2014 a las 13:10
Refund for games that doesn't work on Mac?
Is there a way to revert a purchase for those games from Steam that doesn't work?

Just bought both AC2 and ACB and none of them will work.. AC2 crashes at title screen and ACB crashes even before that...

I've seen threads where I'd have to edit host files, download additional software etc and according to those posts the multiplayer on ACB still won't work...

What is Steam doing about this?

EDIT: Turns out I'm the fool.... just checked on system requirements listed at the bottom of the titles...

"OS: Only OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3. "

back to using Mac Game Store .. shame when I have over 90 titles for both PC and Mac on Steam....
Última edición por Magnell; 30 MAR 2014 a las 13:15
< >
Mostrando 1-7 de 7 comentarios
Ron ︻气デ 一 30 MAR 2014 a las 15:59 
I've bought a few that don't work either. I sometimes buy to TRY a PC game on the Mac and the Crysis "collection" (none worked) I suppose I might have to play them on my PC. I downloaded the Just Cause demo to try before I bought that one and crashes and seems to delete it's exe file. I love it when steam has free weeekends, because I can download and try the game over the weekend and BUY if it works.
I have tried to play AC3 and AC2 on my pc (through a friend's account) and they wouldn't work either, i doubt this steams problem and it is Ubisoft's or Uplay's
Arroz con Leche 31 MAR 2014 a las 15:56 
HOHOHOHOHO my friend.Welcome to my world.It sucks.But thats the price of using a mac for steam....yah.
Percius Magnus 31 MAR 2014 a las 20:55 
AC2 works for me and i got it on the Macgamestore.com, for that version you got to launch it from the Macgamestore app, if you just launch it from the finder, it will crash, it has something to do with drm. I am running a mac mini dual core i5 2.5GHZ, 16GB RAM, 256MB radeon 6630HD and Mac OSX 10.9.2 Mavericks.
Spectralights 1 ABR 2014 a las 9:56 
But who was phone?
Ron ︻气デ 一 4 ABR 2014 a las 7:29 
ACB is a mac version - runs fine in Mavericks (SPECS info - are often created when the game is released) they don't go in and edit alll the specs when a newer OS comes out. That was likely written well before OSX. The OS specs - means "snow leopard" and NEWER.
I run ACB (try running it from it's actual app file. NOT from steam menu. Often the Steam menu system is screwing up the game launch. I also run AC2 I don't remember as I have so many games I've not played them since installing and trying them each for 30 minutes... I grab them on sale and plan to play later. But they both work. But I THINK AC2 runs on PC only and I believe I run it under parallels.
??? 5 ABR 2014 a las 18:40 
fswgdsgag
< >
Mostrando 1-7 de 7 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 30 MAR 2014 a las 13:10