blackalbum Mar 29 @ 5:16pm
Access to my games from another account
Is there any way that my son can access my games from his account. He's at uni now and he still wants to play the games he played at home. I dont want him to have access to my account because i dont want his friends to have the ability to buy games if my account is open at his flat. It's not that I don't trust him ...well no that's wrong ... I dont trust him or his friends so I've suggested he open his own account for new purchaces but I don't see why he should rebuy the games I already own.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
TG Lantaern Mar 29 @ 5:19pm 
No he cant have access to your games on another account. Since he has a new account he has to repurchase
blackalbum Mar 29 @ 5:32pm 
It's just that I can see under account details that theres a facility called ... manage family sharing library ... which looks like you can have other accounts linked to your own
Teksura Mar 30 @ 12:54am 
You might want to look into this: http://store.steampowered.com/sharing/
TG Lantaern Mar 30 @ 5:00am 
But the family share means that you and your son cannot play those games at the same time, repurchising is just easier
blackalbum Mar 30 @ 5:02am 
Thank you Teksura ... that was exactly what I was looking ... yet couldn't find myself
Teksura Mar 30 @ 5:28am 
Originally posted by Eyedntknow:
But the family share means that you and your son cannot play those games at the same time

You say that under the assumption that it is somehow a problem.

Seems to me like, given the context of the first post, this was already the case (and not a problem) before.

repurchising is just easier
If it's so easy, why don't you offer to buy the games for him?
Kargor Mar 30 @ 5:43am 
Yes, family sharing is the only way to "share" stuff. There's limits to what it can do, but in general it pretty much has the same scope as account sharing, it's just safer and better.

Do keep in mind that if you have VAC-encumbered games, and someone borrowing your games gets banned, you'll get banned too.
blackalbum Mar 30 @ 7:57am 
Please forgive my ignorance ... but what are Vac-encumbered games
Teksura Mar 30 @ 3:58pm 
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

Valve Anti-Cheat.

Many multiplayer games are secured by this feature to keep things fair and fun for everyone. For example, if someone used a hack that allowed them to have unlimited ammo and never need to reload their rocket launcher as a Soldier in TF2, then the Valve Anti-Cheat system is designed to catch and ban them from ever playing on a VAC secured server again.

In short, as long as he doesn't use hacks or cheats, you have nothing to worry about.
Jimmy the Pleb Heavy Mar 30 @ 4:29pm 
But the family share means that you and your son cannot play those games at the same time, repurchising is just easier
you make me feel like jumping into the ocean woo
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 29 @ 5:16pm