Összes téma > Steam fórumok > Steam for Mac > Téma részletei
A Dumb question from a novice
I usually play on my PC laptop but I've just got a MacBook Pro late 2012 (to do some music production). I want to by the game Batman:Arkham City GOTY which run on both PC and Mac. Can I buy it and download it to my PC AND my Mac at the same time or can I just use one or the other. i.e. Do I just have to make one purchase of the game. .... Told you it was a dumb question.
< >
15/5 megjegyzés mutatása
Well if any game has steamplay (available for both PC and Mac and sometimes Linux) then you only have to make the purchase once. As for your question, yes you can play on both systems :)
Thank You .... I knew it would be easier to ask the experts than go to Steam support
Well i am not an expert but glad i could help :) Always check/ ask on the forums first before contacting steam support. It's much easier/faster that way.
You can install it on both machines. (OS's) you will need to log into on steam on THAT machine and DOWNLOAD it twice, ones per machine.

Then if you run it from steam menu you will have to use one or the other, because if you login to stream on the Mac, the PC won't login until you exit the Mac account. And visa versa.

If you run the game by stepping around Steam and go to the installed dir and run it directly, then you could effectively run the game on both machines at the same time.

YES one purchase.
Thank You Ron ... fully understand now
< >
15/5 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Összes téma > Steam fórumok > Steam for Mac > Téma részletei
Közzétéve: 2014. márc. 29., 15:03