Mr. O Mar 29 @ 2:28pm
Just Cause Error...
Hello guys, i bought JC2 and when i try and open it, it gives me this error:
Fatal DirectX error!
Code:2
Result:0x0: S_OK

The game will now exit.Try starting the game with /failsafe if the problem persist.

I'm on Mac, but I have a virtual machine.I can play other games on it.I updated my virtual machine's DirectX version to latest, and it still gives me that error.
My Mac's graphicc card is: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB, RAM is 4GB.I have 2GB Ram installed on my virtual machine(Virtual Windows). Please help me, thank you for your time.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Mozart Mar 29 @ 4:33pm 
Mr. O Mar 29 @ 4:36pm 
Originally posted by Mozart:
Try downloading and installing this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35
I already have it updated
Mozart Mar 29 @ 7:42pm 
Does your VM supports directX 10?
Also whats your OS X version?
Last edited by Mozart; Mar 29 @ 7:45pm
Mr. O Mar 30 @ 2:12am 
Does your VM supports directX 10?
Also whats your OS X version?
OSX version is 10.7.5 and yes, my VM supports Direct X 10.
My VM's name is Parallels Desktop 8.
Ron Mar 30 @ 4:29pm 
i downloaded the demo to try it under parallels before i bought it. CRASHES and will not work. I tried direct X 9 and 10. The way to get it to work would be bootcamp. I can't install bootcamp on my Mac. So I use parallels 9. (but a few games don't work) and so far this is one of them. HOWEVER I think youtube shows videos of it running on parallels.

Disapointing, because it looks really good. I may have to try the demo on my PC - but by the tmie I get around to that, it won't be on sale any longer. OH WELL - I'd give up all games to use my Mac instead of my PC.

I have win8.1 installed on my VM. I tried the demo in compatibility mode for vista sp2 and for win7 - no go.
Ron Mar 30 @ 4:30pm 
I wish there was a parallels support forum on here where people would post what PC games run and how well under Parallels. = (
Ron Mar 30 @ 4:31pm 
here it is on parallels 8. I dunno = (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47hQTPY6zJ4
Mr. O Mar 31 @ 9:56am 
Originally posted by Ron:
I wish there was a parallels support forum on here where people would post what PC games run and how well under Parallels. = (
Agreed
Mozart Apr 1 @ 1:07am 
Why use Parallels for serious gaming anyway?
Performance drop is like 60-30%.
If you are going to play games, say, for about an hour, 30 sec restart would not matter to get much better experience.

What is the reason you cant install Bootcamp?
Last edited by Mozart; Apr 1 @ 1:07am
Mr. O Apr 1 @ 9:50am 
Why use Parallels for serious gaming anyway?
Performance drop is like 60-30%.
If you are going to play games, say, for about an hour, 30 sec restart would not matter to get much better experience.

What is the reason you cant install Bootcamp?

No CD, no USB nothing and im lazy to find one soo
Ron Apr 4 @ 7:22am 
I tried for 3 days and I'm a computer geek, if I can't do it it can't be done. I think it has to do with the fact that my internal DVD has been replaced with 2tb hd, I boot from SSD and my machine won't boot from USB drive. I can't boot from external DVD - it tries and fails. IT WILL boot from external DVD in EFI mode. But once windows starts to install it wants me to partition a drive that errors because I'm in EFI and it won't format the partition. Been all over the forums and google and other have same issue with same configuration.

I find really no performance problem with parallels. If a game runs - it runs great, but some just don't run. Sometimes I'll get a wineskin port and they run a little slow on the Mac. I will then go into the package and run the .exe in parallels and it runs fine. So I have yet to notice (I know there is about a 30% hit... but I'm still playing max graphics options and 2560x1440 and smooth frame rate. The reason I want bootcamp is so I can run all win games - not the 7 ouf ot 10 I try.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 29 @ 2:28pm