madirishman Mar 20 @ 4:37pm
Mac Pro (2013) support
So I got email from Aspyr saying they had updated Civ V to use the second graphics card on a Mac Pro (2013) for both graphics and performance...any chance we'll see the same benefits on the Mac Steam version?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
wi.ku Mar 20 @ 4:38pm 
Civ V is on mac on the steam client and store. Last i checked it was at least.
madirishman Mar 20 @ 4:42pm 
Yeah, I run it on my Mac via Steam from time to time (although I usually boot into Windows to run it, since the mod situation is easier). My question is, will the Steam Mac client get the performance boost on my 2013 Mac Pro like Aspyr's version?
wi.ku Mar 20 @ 4:59pm 
Pretty sure it will. Since their both running the same game that has the same requirements, etc. Aspyr might get a little bit better performance because you won't need psky steam running in the background while you run the game.
AspyrRyan Mar 21 @ 3:04pm 
The Steam version has been updated as well. However, there was a miscommunication about the video card use.

Blair clarified this in another post:
"he OpenCL update does NOT take advantage of the second card, but rather focuses solely on taking full advantage of the OpenCL framework so that iMac and MBP owners would see benefits as well. "
madirishman Mar 21 @ 8:18pm 
So the bit on Aspyr's site about this being the first game to support the second video card is not true?
$h0k3r Mar 22 @ 10:17am 
Businka Mar 23 @ 12:44am 
=)
Мурочка Mar 23 @ 10:18am 
-_-
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 20 @ 4:37pm