CrusaderZwei Mar 12 @ 3:17pm
Unable to link DLC pack with existing game on, via MAC.
Recently purchased a copy of Xcom:Enemy Within for my mac. I have Xcom:Enemy Uknown Elite Edition (purchased via app store). I've added Xcom to the library, however every time I try and link the dlc to the game. I'm met with 'Cannont install with Enemy Unkown?' message.

How am I suppose to connect the the expansion with my exisiting copy 'not brought from steam?' Atm I am unable to use the DLC.

Please any assitance with this issue, would be welcomed.
Last edited by CrusaderZwei; Mar 12 @ 3:17pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
bondpat Mar 12 @ 5:38pm 
Any DLC bought from the appstore is standalone, usually. Also, steam does not allow this, as DLC is downloaded as an update to a game.
CrusaderZwei Mar 13 @ 2:48am 
I think you've missunderstood, I brought the orginal game (Xcom: Enemy Uknown) not the dlc through App store (awhile back). I was under the impression you can add nonsteam purchased games through linkin your library to them. Now why on earth should I have to buy another orginal copy of the same game to link to my recently puchased dlc? Seems Ridiciously...

I brought the dlc a s a gift, therefore its just hanging in my inventory.
Last edited by CrusaderZwei; Mar 13 @ 2:55am
Janichsan Mar 13 @ 4:28am 
Originally posted by CrusaderZwei:
I was under the impression you can add nonsteam purchased games through linkin your library to them.
That impression was wrong. You can only add DLC through Steam to games you bought on Steam or that can be activated on Steam – which is not the same as simply linking them. And since I guess you will ask that: no, you cannot activate the MAS version of XCOM on Steam.
Last edited by Janichsan; Mar 13 @ 4:28am
CrusaderZwei Mar 13 @ 7:18am 
I see, that is a shame. I tested the idea on 'Fallout3 for pc' on my windows side. Worked out fine. Thanks for the input :) , I will just have to wait for the Xcom: EU to be reduced in the sale at some point. Loved the game, just don't see the point buying a second copy near its full price.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 12 @ 3:17pm