SolidSonicTH Mar 11, 2014 @ 8:03am
It's nice that Valve acknowledged Mac with Steamplay but...
Playing games on this platform is just...ugh.

Controllers load on OS X with no real issues but then games never read them.

I wanted to play Psychonauts and Assassin's Creed II on OS X for something different but in both cases I really can't be bothered due to the lack of compatible control options.

Very unfortunate.

Any advice or am I on the right track here?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Juvia Lockser Mar 11, 2014 @ 8:15am 
Yeah playing on OS X is not good... I'm saving up my cash righ now for a good PC. As for controllers, I use an Xbox 360 controller for most of the games I play(TF2,Cave Story, Castle Crashers,etc.). I have Psychonauts and AC2 but have yet to play them so I wouldn't know of their control options, sorry.
Ron ︻气デ═一 Mar 11, 2014 @ 10:17am 
I prefer mouse and keyboard. I would like a wheel for racing games. (I have a old one for my PC) I also have several PC's - but I prefer the Mac and if the game isn't for the Mac I run it under Parallels or I don't bother. Going to buy and try Crysis while on sale this week. I only game around 30-40 % of the time on a computer so I don't buy a computer to play games. I prefer gaming on the Mac. I play Assassins creed II on the Mac as well as AC Brotherhood.
I was also playing HAWKEN today on my Mac.
SolidSonicTH Mar 11, 2014 @ 10:58am 
AC2's button prompts are geared for an Xbox 360 controller, though, regardless of platform. If you don't even have the opportunity to configure the controls on a controller so they make sense to you, then it's a mess trying to sort it out mid-game.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2014 @ 8:03am