Ted Mar 7 @ 5:56pm
Arma 3.
Ive been watching some youtube videos and ive gotten interested in the arma 3 game. I have arma 2 and I love it but I suffer lag in it. Anyone know why the arma series wont make it available for mac? Its a tad weird, such a great game and I think they would have more customers if it wasnt just available for windows. Anyone agree?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
bondpat Mar 7 @ 6:17pm 
Porting is difficult, and Bohemia games are based on a lot of windows specific progresses etc... If you really want to run it, either set up some thing through wineskin or get bootcamp
Ted Mar 7 @ 6:30pm 
Wineskin? Bootcamp? What do those do may you explain please?
Ted Mar 7 @ 6:30pm 
Originally posted by bondpat:
Porting is difficult, and Bohemia games are based on a lot of windows specific progresses etc... If you really want to run it, either set up some thing through wineskin or get bootcamp
bondpat Mar 7 @ 6:36pm 
Wineskin is a tool which can rap a .exe file into a mac friendly executible. Very buggy, some skills required but its open source and free. Bootcamp installs windows onto your mac on a hardrive partition, not buggy, easy to set up, and officially the only supported way to get windows on your mac (by apple) BUT, you have to buy a windows liscense.
Ted Mar 7 @ 6:44pm 
Originally posted by bondpat:
Wineskin is a tool which can rap a .exe file into a mac friendly executible. Very buggy, some skills required but its open source and free. Bootcamp installs windows onto your mac on a hardrive partition, not buggy, easy to set up, and officially the only supported way to get windows on your mac (by apple) BUT, you have to buy a windows liscense.

Ok thanks ill try out Wineskin, since I dont actually have a cd loader in my mac. Just a plain mac where cd's arent allowed basically XD. Thank you a lot for your help. Ill comment back if i have more questions.
bondpat Mar 7 @ 7:20pm 
I would check if anyone has already made a "Skin" for arma 3, and published it. This makes a lot less work for you
Ron Mar 9 @ 10:27am 
wineskin "sucks" don't bother. I have no disc drive on my Imac either. (I do have one external) I tried bootcamp for 3 days and could not get it to work/install.
There is another option. It's called Parallel's. I use it and run many PC games and windows8. (I use the install disc I bought for my windows machine (which I don't use any more since getting the Mac). It also lets you run OSX and win at the same time.
looks like this. The windows screen can be any size and full screen. I have actually run boarderlands 2 on OSX and F1 2012 in windows AT THE SAME TIME with no lag in either one.

http://www.portranet.com/pics/macandwin8.jpg
Last edited by Ron; Mar 9 @ 10:29am
Ron Mar 9 @ 10:34am 
Some games won't work - most do. I have not tried ARMA 3. I like to wait for a free play weekend to download and TRY a game before I buy the PC version to play on my Mac. Else I look for demo's. I just tried MASS EFFECT 2 and the demo worked so I bought it and installed and it the PC version runs fine with some very minor graphics flaws, but plays well. I also just started playing COD modern warfare 3 which is SUPERB and PC only. The nice thing about steam is - you can buy PC version. (I bought PC version of latest tomb raider) played it a week and the Mac version was released. I could just re-download the mac version from steam (FREE) as I had already bought PC version and I changed over to the Mac version. (Both run the same) but Mac version seems better graphicially.
Ron Mar 9 @ 10:34am 
Google Parallels for Mac
Ron Mar 9 @ 10:35am 
I'd like to see if we could start a forum topic on here for games that run fine on parallels for Mac people. Of course it would depend on each Mac if it has different hardware.
Ted Mar 9 @ 11:54am 
Originally posted by Ron:
I'd like to see if we could start a forum topic on here for games that run fine on parallels for Mac people. Of course it would depend on each Mac if it has different hardware.

Thanks I have downloaded it about to download DayZ and try it out. Thanks for commenting.
Ted Mar 9 @ 12:14pm 
Originally posted by Ron:
Some games won't work - most do. I have not tried ARMA 3. I like to wait for a free play weekend to download and TRY a game before I buy the PC version to play on my Mac. Else I look for demo's. I just tried MASS EFFECT 2 and the demo worked so I bought it and installed and it the PC version runs fine with some very minor graphics flaws, but plays well. I also just started playing COD modern warfare 3 which is SUPERB and PC only. The nice thing about steam is - you can buy PC version. (I bought PC version of latest tomb raider) played it a week and the Mac version was released. I could just re-download the mac version from steam (FREE) as I had already bought PC version and I changed over to the Mac version. (Both run the same) but Mac version seems better graphicially.

I just tryed running DayZ and it gives me a error message for almost all my games. If you find a different one please let me know.
Adolf Hitler Mar 9 @ 3:34pm 
.
CaptainDead02 Mar 22 @ 4:37am 
I exchange Payday2 against Arma 3 add to make
DeaDPooL Mar 24 @ 9:14am 
выыфыфыфыфыфыфы
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 7 @ 5:56pm
Posts: 16