Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam for Mac > Подробности темы
Continually lagging out of multiplayer games. It's staring to become a real problem. Considering deleting account.
I am continually lagging out of multiplayer games in the middle of a match. I then get placed in low priority matchmaking. Low priority matches don't allow the player to accumulate experience points, making it impossible to advance your level or be eligible for item drops. This robs me of an integral part of my gameplay experience, and frankly kills any desire I have to play the game. I was planning on playing video games for a hour, or two but now I am signing off.

My intention here is not post a ranting message just fruitlessly venting my anger (although I am very frustrated). I want to know if there is any way that I could troubleshoot with a technician to see if this is a problem with the game I am playing, a problem with Steam, or a problem with my internet service, or with my computer.

I am not having any other problems with my service or with my comupter otherwise.

Please, some help or advice.

27' iMac
< >
Сообщения 15 из 5
I play on a mac as well and I have the same issue. :(
Is everything running slow, or just steam? Try running a game in windowed mode with activity monitor running, see how much physical memory you're using. If you don't have at leaset ~500 mb free at any time I would consider getting a RAM upgrade. Also, make sure your internet connection is stable, maybe try wiring ethernet or getting a more powerful router. I use an Airport extreme, which gives excellent signal.

15' Macbook Pro
3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
man i need help i have a gift card with 20 $ on it but i cant find where to put in the code pls help
Gift card (I had one) it took me a while to find it - but there is one on here. I think in account or
one of the options under your name. On Mac in the top menu - to the right of where it says STEAM - under GAMES there are some options to redeem codes and wallet funds etc. Pretty sure it's in there.
Lagging. I don't know of any games (that I have) that use "Steam" for multiplayer. Are they vavle games or something? Like What game(s)? Typically the developer has a server for multiplayer. I myself have same problems, but I have poor 3G internet that isn't stable. Still I can often play some multiplayer, but personally I don't like multiplayer. I only buy games for single player. At any rate - what game are you trying? I can play TF2 and Loadout - but I find them simple minder - run and blast away - very repetitive and extremely boring. But to each their own. Anyway cames like UBI games use the UBI servers, EA games - use EA servers.
So it would help to know what game, what machine, what OS, what internet provider (cable is really needed for good multiplayer) but I can't get anything here but Sat (to slow) and 3G - I had 4G for a while and that was AWESOME - but they (Verizon) took it away from me because I use 50-60gb a month. They put me back on 3G (all tell unlimited) which they trottle which kills multiplayer for me.

Отредактировано Ron ︻气デ 一; 3 мар. 2014 в 16:17
< >
Сообщения 15 из 5
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam for Mac > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 1 мар. 2014 в 15:05