matthew1548 Feb 24 @ 10:00pm
xbox 360 gamestop controller error using tattibogle
hey i bought an xbox 360 gamestop controller when i went to usa, in my country they are way more expensive. The point is i downloaded tattiebogle and it recognises my controller, so I'm able to fool around and when i press the bottoms the program responds but when i try to play any of my games the camera (in game) turns round and around in circles constantly as if i was holding the joystick and in another game (where you have the menu that shows play game, settings, etc) it goes down constantly as if i where holding the joystick down. it is freaking me out!!! i don't know whats happening nor what should i do. please i need help.

ps: i know its a lot to read but please i really do not know what to do and found no help anywhere else
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Juvia Lockser Feb 25 @ 12:52am 
Do you have an adapter connected to the USB drive? I have tattiebogle on my mac and I wasn't able to play any games without my adapter. But I'm also on a Macbook 2011, where I can't connect my controller to my computer without an adapter.
matthew1548 Feb 25 @ 6:06am 
i have a macbook pro (the non retina one). my controller is a wired one. so i dont really know what you mean by adaptor
Juvia Lockser Feb 25 @ 6:10pm 
Ohh, hmm. Well I also have a wired one and the same thing happens, same spinning in the game and stuff. I couldn't find a way to fix it so I bought a wireless controller/adapter combo. Since then no problems, but I'm not sure if a wired contoller can even work.
matthew1548 Feb 25 @ 9:01pm 
i reasently bought tomb raider from steam and the game has its own gamepad recognizer and it works flawlessly. the problem must be with tattiebogle and i dont really get why it recognices the controller but the in game there is a constant spinning....
AixAixorcism Feb 26 @ 10:56am 
For best results, use an official Microsoft Xbox 360 controler. Wired is best. The wireless paired with the Tattibogle driver is not great. In Steam itself, you do not need the Tattibogle driver.

The problem with Tattibogle is that it has not been further developed and it only PARTIALLY works with a very few select games that have been worked on by online users via feedback to Tattibogle's maker. It's main feature that is that it "recognizes" the controller. Tattibogle's open source driver is meant for users to build upon it and code/map/etc. themselves. Steam however does not require that driver to recognize games and their actions and the coding/mapping/etc. is already done for you. But again, I say, it *MUST* be an official Xbox 360 controler; not a generic from Gamestop or any other manufacturer.
Last edited by AixAixorcism; Feb 26 @ 10:58am
matthew1548 Feb 27 @ 1:03pm 
ok thanks for the help. I really hoped there was a way or there was something I was doing wrong because I do not want to buy another controller but thnx anyway
GUMBALL Feb 28 @ 8:04pm 
?
Juvia Lockser Feb 28 @ 8:08pm 
Originally posted by MLPBA:C Маруф:
?

???
smisstart Feb 28 @ 10:07pm 
my reaction to playing tf2 with a controller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
Juvia Lockser Mar 1 @ 12:01am 
Originally posted by Poptart domination:
my reaction to playing tf2 with a controller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Yep, I don't own a mouse :P

It's either an inaccurate track-pad that I can use to hit 15% of my shots or a controller where I dominate more than 3 players at a time

Inb4 mouse or gtfo
NUME Mar 1 @ 2:32am 
WUT?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 24 @ 10:00pm