Jesse9766 (Banned) Feb 16 @ 7:47pm
So half of my headphone jack is stuck in my ipad...
I was watching Youtube videos on my ipad when I noticed that the sound was funny. I pulled out my headphones from my ipad, and the jack just broke into two. Now, half of my headphone jack is stuck in my ipad and I can't get it out. I tried tweezers already, the hole is too small for it. My warrenty for it is out, and if I go try to get it fixed at an Apple store they will most likely tell me that they can't get it out and they will have to replace it at my expense(Besides, I live 4 hours away from one). Anyone have some tips to get it out?
Edit: Also just for clarification, 3/4th of the headphone jack is stuck in there. Just enough so you can't get to it.
Last edited by Jesse9766; Feb 16 @ 8:19pm
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
noob Feb 16 @ 7:48pm 
happened to me on once.
use a paper clip with a tiny bit of superglue on it.

Kuma Feb 16 @ 7:51pm 
Keyboard cleaner (the air blower) might be able to get it out. You could also try a sewing needle, a pin, a magnetized tip screwhead (might work, might screw your machine), a vaccuum cleaner or a bent paperclip.

GL, sorry that happened to you.
Jesse9766 (Banned) Feb 16 @ 7:55pm 
Can't use a paperclip or canned air to get it out, too much of it is in there. I guess I'll use superglue(If I can find some that didn't dry out a week after I buy it) or screwdriver method if there isn't another way.
Ericrct Feb 16 @ 8:19pm 
take some kind of rod or stick, put superglue on it, MAKE SURE IT IS NOT ON THE SIDE OF IT!! or it will get stuck in there too, and attack the rod to the broken earbuds, and pull it out.
Mr. McSuave Feb 16 @ 9:13pm 
Grasp your iPad firmly with both hands, then proceed to snap it over your knee.
Jesse9766 (Banned) Feb 16 @ 9:14pm 
Originally posted by Mr McSuave:
I'd rather not waste $400.
Mr. McSuave Feb 16 @ 9:15pm 
Originally posted by Jesse9766:
Should've thought about that before you bought it.
Silverfox Feb 16 @ 9:16pm 
I don't know about you, but I call buying these things in the first place to be a waste. And whatever you do, don't stick a magnetic screw driver in a electronic, no matter what!
Skylx Feb 16 @ 10:32pm 
You could try to crimp the end of a paper clip into a little hook, heat it over a candle then carefully insert it into the center of the jack with maybe a needle nose pliers. The tip should melt the plastic at the center of the jack, then twist it a bit so the hook can melt its way into the plastic and take hold, let the plastic harden again then try to gently pull it out.

...if you need adult supervision to work with a candle then forget it, you might burn your house down.
Mr. McSuave Feb 16 @ 10:37pm 
Originally posted by Skylx:
You could try to crimp the end of a paper clip into a little hook, heat it over a candle then carefully insert it into the center of the jack with maybe a needle nose pliers. The tip should melt the plastic at the center of the jack, then twist it a bit so the hook can melt its way into the plastic and take hold, let the plastic harden again then try to gently pull it out.

...if you need adult supervision to work with a candle then forget it, you might burn your house down.
I would love to see someone accidentally burn their entire house down by using a candle.
Jesse9766 (Banned) Feb 17 @ 6:35am 
Originally posted by Skylx:

I would love to see someone accidentally burn their entire house down by using a candle.
I don't know about you, but it seems like someone here is insane...
Anyways, that method sounds like the superglue method, except much harder to perform.
Mr.Hemiroids Feb 17 @ 7:30am 
Can't say that I'm too sympathetic for you. You did buy an Apple product.
Spawn of Totoro Feb 17 @ 8:03am 
Take it to an Apple store. They may know a trick to getting it out. That is, if the other suggestions don't work out (excluding the "snap it over knee", don't do that).

Personally, I'd take it to the Apple store first. Wouldn't want to do anything to void a warranty or make an expensive item worse then what has already happened.
Labyrinth Feb 17 @ 9:00am 
Use a vacuum with an attachment that looks like this http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-93003504735786/mieles1944.jpg
Mr. McSuave Feb 17 @ 12:16pm 
I don't know about you, but it seems like someone here is insane...
You can't deny it would be funny to watch someone be as stupid as that.

Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
excluding the "snap it over knee", don't do that.
It's an Apple product. What else is it good for?
Last edited by Mr. McSuave; Feb 17 @ 12:16pm
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 16 @ 7:47pm