Talkbox Terror Feb 17 @ 9:11pm
Steam Error "Could not connect to steam network"
Steam support hasn't contacted me for 12 days and i'm starting to get angry.
Im running Mac OSX 10.6.8
PLEASE HELP ME!
Strange TF2 weapon reward to the first person to submit a successful solution.

Cheers!
-WoodenToaster
(Yes, i'm the real one)
Last edited by Talkbox Terror; Feb 17 @ 9:13pm
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
#BangBang Feb 17 @ 9:56pm 
This has happened to me some times. It's either Steam is updating their servers, or your internet is unstable. So you can try restarting your router by turning it off for 2-3 mins then turning it back on again.

I also get that message randomly too, but I just quit the game, turn my Airport off then back on, then boot the game back up and it works.

Lastly, I noticed you're on version 10.6.8, meaning that you might need to update your Mac because that may possibly be the problem. I'm currently on OS X Version 10.9.1 and all I did was update to Mavericks. First off, try updating by doing a "Check for Updates" for Steam. This while just update Steam itself. Also, try doing a "Software Update" for your Mac as a whole by clicking on the Apple in the status bar. Just in case there are any needed software that isn't directly related to Steam, but can affect its performance.

I hope you resolve your problem!
Last edited by #BangBang; Feb 17 @ 10:02pm
Talkbox Terror Feb 18 @ 3:58pm 
Originally posted by natessession:
This has happened to me some times. It's either Steam is updating their servers, or your internet is unstable. So you can try restarting your router by turning it off for 2-3 mins then turning it back on again.

I also get that message randomly too, but I just quit the game, turn my Airport off then back on, then boot the game back up and it works.

Lastly, I noticed you're on version 10.6.8, meaning that you might need to update your Mac because that may possibly be the problem. I'm currently on OS X Version 10.9.1 and all I did was update to Mavericks. First off, try updating by doing a "Check for Updates" for Steam. This while just update Steam itself. Also, try doing a "Software Update" for your Mac as a whole by clicking on the Apple in the status bar. Just in case there are any needed software that isn't directly related to Steam, but can affect its performance.

I hope you resolve your problem!

I cant update to mavericks because you cant use powerpc apps like quicken which I use to keep track of my banking
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 17 @ 9:11pm