Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam for Mac > Detaliile subiectului
Does "Boot Camp" make Pc games in Steam work on a Mac?
I've been searching for a while but I haven't quite gotten a clear answer. Does installing "Boot Camp" on my mac make it possible to play Pc games through steam? I have several games on my Pc that I would very much like to play on my Mac, but they only work on a Pc. So please help me out by answering my question
Editat ultima dată de Ivan the Terrible; 14 febr. 2014 la 18:16
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 20 comentarii
All bootcamp is is essentially a dual boot of Windows. So yes, it'll allow you to play PC games on your MAC.
you will need to install steam in windows once you have booted bootcamp/windows.
Then log into your account and your PC games will be there. You will have to download them to your windows install before you can play them. I run windows games on my Mac using Parallel's. Though you need more powerful machine and not all games work properly. But I try demo's first and if the demo works the game works. I can't get my machine to install windows I've tried for 4 days. If I REALLY wanted a PC game I could play it on my PC... but honestly there is no game I want that bad.
Yendahc 15 febr. 2014 la 8:17 
Im in same postion as ron. Bootcamp never worked for me :( so i use parallels

Its a good alternative But u need to allocate 4GB for it or more otherwise ull get lag/performance issues :) If u have a 4GB ram mac i wouldnt bother unless its to play a low res game like MC
JMZY - I get good performance (I have i5 quad core) 3.1ghz. The one problem I have a lot with some games is the mouse/LOOK around in RPG is real jumpy - so you can't really aim. Kinda strange since I can play very high res on most and all options on. Tomb Raider was a little jumpy... so I got the Mac version when it came out. I just tried the MASS EFFECT demo ( I try to get demo's first to test them). And it's REAL JUMPY when you use the mouse to look around and aim. Otherwise the frame rate is real good. Any ideas how to fix that?
I have 12 gb ram - I allocate 4 to parallels, and 1 MB to video ram. Would it help to give it more ram?
Boot Camp has been what I have been using and rather successfully. I have a Mid-2010 MacBook Pro with i7 chip and 8G of RAM. Things run OK, but I find that you need grab video card drivers to stay up to date and maximize performance. The default ones that are part of the Boot Camp installation (you need to download) are not adequate. Have fun! :tgrin:
yeah - I hate that on my PC - always updating drivers... 30+ years of that. Now I'm Mac and loving it.
Yes get bootcamp, and buy a copy of windows and yes.
yeah bootcamp works well for me, i dual boot between Mac and WIndows for games like Transformers fall of cybertron, etc
Febrauary 11th Apple updated bootcamp to work with Windows 8.1 standalone. I had been waiting for this to come out for awhile, and now that it has, I've been able to play PC specific games on my Macbook pretty successfully. Currently play Batman Arkham Origins and it runs very smooth. Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro i7 2.3Ghz 16GB w/ dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.
can someone tell me how to run online games on bootcamp windows, for some reason i get a missing executables error and i know theirs a fix, because i once almost got dayz to run on wine with wintrix (without bootcamping or running parallel) and i had to install som packets but i dotn exactly know how to make it run on windows.
I've been trying to run games via Boot Camp, and Windows 10 itself runs totally fine on my MacBook Air, but for whatever reason, some games refuse to start up at all. Games like RollerCoaster Tycoon, Portal 2, and even Overwatch run perfectly fine (even better than they do when I'm running OS X), but games like XCOM, Skyrim, and Sonic Generations say they're doing initial startup with DirectX installation, then just...don't start. Has anybody else dealt with this?
Pilieser 23 ian. 2017 la 11:49 
Maybe the best is to ask or search in the General Help or the original game forum as you're running native Windows on your mac this is a Windows issue. Just a little note Xcom can run on Mac OS and Skyrim works verywell using Wine/Winebottler, so incase you can't get it to work you have some options.
Overson 26 ian. 2017 la 13:29 
I'm not here to hate and be all like "Get a PC lmao PC MASTERRACE MAC SUCKS" or anything like that, but I'm going to have to be 100% honest.

A PC is a better option for gaming because it is cheaper and you don't have to pay for an OS (unless you are building) just to run specific games as well as the fact that 99% of the time PC's are cheaper.

Please don't hate on me. I'm just trying to help out as best I can money wise.

Please note: I do see things that Mac can do better than a PC
Overson 26 ian. 2017 la 13:32 
Postat inițial de Batman's Underwear:
Febrauary 11th Apple updated bootcamp to work with Windows 8.1 standalone. I had been waiting for this to come out for awhile, and now that it has, I've been able to play PC specific games on my Macbook pretty successfully. Currently play Batman Arkham Origins and it runs very smooth. Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro i7 2.3Ghz 16GB w/ dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.

2 things that made me go "Ew"

1. Batman Arkham Knight on PC. That ♥♥♥♥ is disgusting compared to how it looks on console. Very bad port

2. Integrated GPU. Cuts about 2/3 of your frame rate. Nothing else needed to be said
Postat inițial de Overson:
I'm not here to hate and be all like "Get a PC lmao PC MASTERRACE MAC SUCKS" or anything like that, but I'm going to have to be 100% honest.

A PC is a better option for gaming because it is cheaper and you don't have to pay for an OS (unless you are building) just to run specific games as well as the fact that 99% of the time PC's are cheaper.

Please don't hate on me. I'm just trying to help out as best I can money wise.

Please note: I do see things that Mac can do better than a PC

---

Not sure how this comment is relevant with the question: "Does "Boot Camp" make Pc games in Steam work on a Mac?"
People here obviously already have a Mac for whatever reason. Telling them to go buy a PC is irrelevant and the opposite of "trying to help out as best I can money wise." Same applies to telling how disgusting Batman looks on mac compared to console.
A positive approach is always more helpful. :)
Peace
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 20 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam for Mac > Detaliile subiectului