Killed By Death Feb 11 @ 1:40am
Duke Nukem on Mac Mini Problems ...
Hello, i've got some graphic-issues in the main menu of duke nukem. there is no text in the menu. so it's difficult to save and exit the game -.-
system: mac mini middle 2010 (core2 duo)
any help?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Aspyr-Blair Feb 12 @ 8:41am 
I'm sorry KbD, your system is below minimum specs for Duke. While you may be able to play at an acceptible framerate, bugs like this will sometimes force us to keep a specific hardware set off of the supported list.

That said, you still might want to submit a support ticket to our team at support.aspyr.com. They may be able to get you going even on an unsupported machine.
Last edited by Aspyr-Blair; Feb 12 @ 8:41am
Killed By Death Feb 12 @ 10:21am 
Thx 4 answer!
Mr. Wolf Feb 12 @ 11:09am 
i don`t have MAC, but I can to leave a comment here
Killed By Death Feb 12 @ 11:13am 
you're welcome :D
Janichsan Feb 13 @ 12:28am 
Originally posted by Killed By Death:
Hello, i've got some graphic-issues in the main menu of duke nukem. there is no text in the menu. so it's difficult to save and exit the game -.-
system: mac mini middle 2010 (core2 duo)
any help?
I assume you are talking about Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, not Duke Nukem Forever?

In that case, your mini is perfectly capable of playing that game. (Besides, the mid 2010 Mac mini is also capable of running DNF.)

The missing text in the menu is apparently a known bug of the new OpenGL version of DN3D and occurs also on other Macs with higher specs. You can either play the DosBox version or wait for the problem to be patched.
Last edited by Janichsan; Feb 13 @ 3:18am
Killed By Death Feb 13 @ 12:47am 
Ah ok, yes i ment DN 3D... good to know. the problem only occurs sometimes. weird ^^
[White MANA] Final BOSS Feb 13 @ 6:59pm 
Shake it baby!
RaepGhoastBetch Feb 26 @ 9:33pm 
if you are having said problems i actually have the exact same mac. i upgraded from the stock 2 gigs ram recently to 5 gigs ram and let me tell you it has earned it. dont regret that 100$ purchase one bit whatsoever. so if you have a spare 100$ lying around http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=4776EB65A5CA7304
that there link would be the proper ram module for your mini. you can upgrade to a max of 8 gigs of ram in your mini. i did a single stick of 4 gig and a stock stick of 1 gig. believe me. so ♥♥♥♥ing worth it haha
Killed By Death Feb 27 @ 12:39am 
hey thx for the reply, but i have already 8 gigs ...
RaepGhoastBetch Feb 27 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by Killed By Death:
hey thx for the reply, but i have already 8 gigs ...
no problem sorry to hear that. what Mac os are you running? i have no problem with such things... hmm...
Killed By Death Feb 28 @ 4:00am 
10.9.1 but i think, it's a problem with opengl, cause sometimes the issues happens, sometimes not ...
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 11 @ 1:40am