Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Steam for Mac > Details van topic
hl2_osx crashes on start up
Hi all,

I've seen a few reports of HL2_OSX crashing on boot, but I can't seem to figure out how to resolve this issue. I have a 2007 iMac that should be adequate to run TF2 and Counter-strike: Source ... but they both crash on boot. Since these are HL2 source engine games, I'm making an assumption there's something with the engine that's not quite working with my system.

The crash is a 'EXC_BAD_ACCESS', which tells me memory isn't allocating correctly (creating a pointer with data, clearing the pointer then trying to access the data when the pointer was removed).

I've tried opening these games in a window of 640x480, I've also made sure my computer was up to date as I can without updating osx (I'm still on 10.7.5). Does anyone have any ideas? (I'll post the crash log in a reply).
< >
1-8 van 8 reacties weergegeven
Here's the crash report - at least the first bits. I can paste in anything relevant.

Process: hl2_osx [5225]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/hl2_osx
Identifier: hl2_osx
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: steam [246]

Date/Time: 2014-02-05 20:43:29.714 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63b)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 952004 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 10
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 10
Anonymous UUID: 98393976-F8AD-4A39-A562-9047945A5843

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000001752a140

This happened to me for a while. What I did was delete TF2 (hl2) and steam and redownload both of them. It worked but I don't know any other way to fix the issue sorry. And btw this is coming from Macbook Air gamer (they don't really go well together).
Laatst bewerkt door noda; 5 feb 2014 om 20:57
This didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? It seems like there was an update somewhere the locked out earlier versions of mac somehow. Thoughts?
Origineel geplaatst door Co11:
It seems like there was an update somewhere the locked out earlier versions of mac somehow.
Agree, running on 10.7.5 too and hl2_osx just crashes on launch for ALL sourcegames (TF2, Gmod, HL, CSS) that just worked before.
Complete wipe of prefs & gamecontent and fresh reinstall of Steam and games doesn't help.
Please adress this issue as it renders all my purchases unusuable.
Laatst bewerkt door usernameinuse; 22 feb 2014 om 13:27
I have the same problem with an OS X Mavericks but without any crash report.. The games (all of them) just quite after a minute game.
there is not bad
Origineel geplaatst door Spartacus:
I have the same problem with an OS X Mavericks but without any crash report.. The games (all of them) just quite after a minute game.

On 10.7.5 it's instant hl2_osx crash, no crash report. So no the game doesn't even startup. Same for all sourcegames since a few months.
On 10.8.5, macbook pro i also get the hl2_osx crash, but if I start the game freezes and I have to force quit it.
< >
1-8 van 8 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Steam for Mac > Details van topic
Geplaatst op: 5 feb 2014 om 17:52
Aantal berichten: 8