trw8108 Jan 30 @ 9:02pm
Big Picture for iMac
Hello,
I was wanting some help setting up my mid 2011 iMac. I would prefer the wireless version of transmitting the video/audio as my preferred tv is just through the wall behind my iMac. Some of my Mac's specs are as follows:

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
OS X 10.8.5

Also, is there a way to get the Xbox 360 wireless controller to work for the Mac. I'm sorry if this is all irrelevant as I am pretty new to the Steam community.
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Ron ︻气デ═一 Feb 1 @ 3:20pm 
I believe you'd neid a wired controller.
To transmit - not sure - maybe a apple TV. I have one and can transmit my ipad to my TV, i've not tried it with the mac as I prefer the Macs much higher res montor.
2560 vs 1080p.

With my PC in the downstairs I ran a HDMI through a closest ceiling to my living room big screen. I also split the HDMI with a splitter box (1 in and 4 out) and I ran another HDMI cable along the ocmputer room baseboard into a cabinent and through a hole in the wall in the cabinate. And I have direct HTML lines from my PC to both my big flat screens. Wireless gaming tends to have some lag and timing is critical for gaming. The apple tv has lag too.
If they are back to back through a wall - I'd drill a small hole and run the TV cable - and a controller/keyboard mouse though that hole. I have USB kb and mouse on both my TV's to my PC. - though I don't use it much any more since getting my iMac.
I use to run XBMC on the computer (pc) then use the PC as multi-media server for either of my flat screens. "wired" is the way to go.
Last edited by Ron ︻气デ═一; Feb 3 @ 7:16am
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 30 @ 9:02pm