Adder Jan 29 @ 2:50pm
Unable to view video content in the community pages
ISSUE

I have not been able to view any of the community video content on steam browser - ever - not in the two years I have used the Steam client.

OS

Max OS X 10.8.5

STEPS
1.Open Community home
2. Click on any game
3. Click on any topic listed as video content

RESULT
The Steam browser opens with the selected video. Comments are visible. Audio can be heard as the video plays. No video content is visible - the video box is blank.

EXPECTED
The video can be viewed.

The url can be copied and viewed in any other browser - just not directly in the community room via Steam browser.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Mozart Jan 29 @ 5:07pm 
Try to update/install flash player
lada_ Jan 29 @ 10:19pm 
Same issue here. Will check what is up with flash player. Thanks
Kateweb Jan 30 @ 8:16am 
it's a flash bug, uninsatll flash restart then try and view the vids if tehy work you maybeable to getaway with not haveing it installed. most youtube videos use HTML5 now.
Ron Jan 30 @ 8:17am 
Yes I had that on my Mac and they started working (to my surprise) yesterday. I started to wondering why - and DOH - I remember I updated flash on my Mac a couple days ago. So that should do it.
Adder Jan 30 @ 9:19am 
Thanks for the suggestion - but updating the flash player did not help. If it works for the lot of you, I guess there must be something curious about my configuration then - though I do not have any difficulties viewing video content on any other browser. Maybe they already use html5 players instead.
Kateweb Jan 30 @ 3:24pm 
did you try uninstalling flsah and not reinstalling it?
Adder Jan 31 @ 12:56pm 
Yes. I first tried updating and then uninstalling + reinstalling. The videos still won't show.
NewJoker Jan 31 @ 11:47pm 
just uninstal and the tray to look a video
Adder Feb 1 @ 5:01am 
Ok I uninstalled flash. The Steam videos work now. I was sure everything else would break, but no. A quick look around various web services with a set of browsers and everything seems to work fine. Thanks!
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 29 @ 2:50pm