Jimmy Bob Callaway Jan 28 @ 7:33pm
Considering getting a Mac Book Pro Retina 15" , should I?
Recently Mac computers have interested me. Before heading off to college, I was considering buying a Mac Book Pro Retina. Would this be a good investment? Will I be satisfied with its performace gaming?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
bondpat Jan 28 @ 7:38pm 
Depends, I use a mac and a gaming PC. If you're a serious gamer, macs aren't really the best gaming machines. They still perform excellently, but the selection of games is limited (though growing);
Jimmy Bob Callaway Jan 28 @ 7:41pm 
Yeah I understand. I have a gaming PC now too but I was considering getting one for when I'm on the go. I'm not expecting a gaming powerhouse, but I'd like it to perform some-what well. For example going to LAN parties. It's a hastle to pack up my desktop.
bondpat Jan 28 @ 7:42pm 
Thats understanable. I have a few choice games installed on my mac for such occasions
Kargor Jan 28 @ 11:28pm 
It really depends. Laptops aren't generally meant for games, and Macs certainly aren't. Now you're asking whether you'll like a Mac laptop for games? Probably not.

There must be a reason why you want a Mac. Just live with that, and accept that your gaming will be limited. Or buy the Mac, and install Windows on it :-)
Last edited by Kargor; Jan 28 @ 11:29pm
exiter Jan 29 @ 10:24am 
You should browse the game selections for Mac here and see what you may like or what they may not have. Now I play constantly on my Macbook Pro, Borderlands 2 and others, with no problems at all with the exception of battery life. I forget to plug it in and the ATi card kills it. :)
Last edited by exiter; Jan 29 @ 10:25am
bondpat Jan 29 @ 10:58am 
Originally posted by Kargor:
Or buy the Mac, and install Windows on it :-)
I agree, bootcamp is probably the best option if you want to be able to play lots of games.
TG Lantaern Jan 29 @ 11:10am 
If your purpose is gaming only, then no but if it also includes other uses and you wont game hardcore on it then definitely buy it!
benji Jan 29 @ 2:00pm 
Indeed, gaming only go windows. Too bad windows 8 sucks as bad as it does! :)
Jan Jan 31 @ 7:52am 
Go for the 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display and the GeForce 750M. Perfect combination of light weight, long battery life, great screen, performance and built quality. It may not be a killer gaming PC, but for me it's the best laptop money can buy if you take a "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" approach. Of course it's personal preference, but I would take OS X Mavericks over Windows 8 any day. And, people, please, there's more than enough native games on OS X for some gaming every now and then (Borderlands 2, BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, XCOM, Civ 5, Metro Last Light, Blizzard, Valve and Telltale games, Hitman Absolution on the way, etc). I don't think you would regret a purchase.
Kiroshi.O Jan 31 @ 10:34pm 
Hahaha! Go for a razer blade if you intend to use it for mostly gaming! I am using macbook pro, and yea it does able to handle gaming but not the very few that needs super high settings!
DeadNightmarez Feb 7 @ 7:28am 
i thought about getting onebut i decided to build a pc for about the same price and im running evga 4gb gtx770 8gb ram 1tb western digital blue drive asus hero motherboard intel i7 4770k evga 750b supernova power supply antec two hundred case

Have Not Run Into A Game I Cant Run On Ultra
Last edited by DeadNightmarez; Feb 7 @ 7:29am
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 28 @ 7:33pm