ATE412 Jun 26 @ 10:36pm
Videos Not Playing
(Because I have a suspicious feeling it has to do with my Mac, I'm posting it here)
I've had this problem for awhile, but since it doesn't affect my games I never looked into it. I never seem to be able to play any videos while on the Steam client. The ones in the store seem to work fine, but whenever I try any of the videos in the Community Hub I only get audio and a black screen.

Am I the only one with this problem; does anyone know what to do?
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
AsianGirlLover Jul 13 @ 11:19pm 
I also have this problem. I think the steam client doesn't support HTML 5, which is needed for the latest version of youtube videos. Maybe a future update to steam will fix this.
¤ TORIM Jul 14 @ 4:36am 
У МЕНЯ НЕТ МАКА :<
AsianGirlLover Jul 14 @ 5:19am 
I seem to have found a solution. You need to uninstall whatever version of flash you're using, then reinstall it for all other browsers. To do this, go to the download page, look to the left, and click on the part that shows your system information. You'll then be able to choose to download the version of flash for all other browsers. Once you finish the download, restart your computer, and you should be all set.
Hope this helps.
ATE412 Jul 22 @ 9:53am 
Eh, doesn't seem to be working for me.
Is your update working on a PC or Mac? I couldn't find "other browsers" under the Mac drop-down menu.
Drakelake Jul 22 @ 10:43am 
Hey ive been also having problems trying to play videos on steam but it wont god dam work.
AsianGirlLover Jul 22 @ 11:33pm 
I seem to have lost the other discussion on steam where I found a solution, (someone explains it better than me) but there is a specific help page on the flash site that shows how to enter your system information, regardless of what brand of computer you're using. Sorry, but I'd try to look it up on youtube if you still can't find that option on the flash download page.
Ebola Blankets Jul 23 @ 6:05am 
Same problem here.
Bunzer Jul 23 @ 6:32am 
Same problem, really annoying when a Steam Guide is made from youtube videos :(
*Zushikatetomoto* Jul 23 @ 3:47pm 
same problem and I don't have a mac. I have a custom built pc. Must be steam, They need to update that.
AsianGirlLover Jul 23 @ 7:17pm 
Steam doesn't support HTML 5... yet. That means you're forced to download flash (for all other browsers), or wait for the update.
The Hindu Gods Jul 23 @ 8:48pm 
have you tried turing your pc off?
EIN.CC Jul 24 @ 12:35am 
reinstall the flash plugin.
Tanaka Jul 24 @ 5:17pm 
My computer sometimes crashes in full screen
Bunzer Jul 25 @ 5:23am 
Steam always crash for me when I try the full screen :p
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 26 @ 10:36pm