rmfranco Jun 15, 2014 @ 10:54am
Have a problem with a game, would like a trade or refund of = or lesser value.
Hello. Yesterday, I bought Assasains Creed 2 for mac. I just got it dowloaded this morning. When I went to play it, I learened that I would need to always have the Internet on to play it. Fine. However, I also would need to sign up to Ubisoft's Uplay account. This is where I ran into a problem: Though I can't post a screenshot to show it, the Capcha said to type the two words. The problem was that the picutre was of one set of numbers.
I read the Subscriber aggrement, so I know that I normally can not get a refund, though it is decided on a case by case bassis, at Steam's discrestion. If this can't be done, then perhaps I can choose a different game in exchange, since I already paid for the game.
Thank you for any help.

p.s. Please disreguard any bad spelling, as I do not have any spell check at the moment.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
rmfranco Jun 15, 2014 @ 10:55am 
Also, if this is posted in the wrong forum, if you have the ability to, please move this to the correct forum. Thanks.
#JeSuisCharlie#BringBackOurGirls Jun 15, 2014 @ 11:52am 
So you are just having trouble signing up for a Uplay account? You might be able to sign up for it through a web browser then just enter your credentials when you lanch AC2. If that doesn't work just try the same thing on a different computer. Hell if you really want you can add me and I'll create a Uplay account for you then you can change the email and password
rmfranco Jun 15, 2014 @ 2:06pm 
Thanks, but to be honest, at this point, I would rather just get ether a refund, or a trade, if that is an option. I heard that the controls for the game are bad.
Lucifer Jun 15, 2014 @ 3:44pm 
You can't just get a refund because you changed your mind, that's not how it works.
#JeSuisCharlie#BringBackOurGirls Jun 15, 2014 @ 3:47pm 
The only two consistent refund policies are 1. If you preorder a game and it has not been released yet and 2. If you buy the wrong version of a game (say borderlands 2 base version) when you meant to buy a different version (Borderlands 2 GOTY edition). Then they will refund the incorrect version, but only AFTER you buy the correct one.
rmfranco Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:01pm 
Ok, what can I do if I have a game, that I no longer want, and would like something else:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417&l=english
Acording to ^ this, it seems that there's nothing I can do. Am I wrong?
If I am wrong, would anyone want this game?
Otherwise, any advise?
Lucifer Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:05pm 
No, you cannot refund a game simply because you changed your mind, you also cannot just give the game to another person. You can't really do anything with the game.

The only advice I can give you is to research before you buy a game, and make sure it is something you want.
rmfranco Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:28pm 
I wanted the game, but I hadn't wanted a mandatory-sign-up-to-a-company, or, if I get the game to work, bad controls. And I didn't know about ether.
#JeSuisCharlie#BringBackOurGirls Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:30pm 
Originally posted by rmfranco:
I wanted the game, but I hadn't wanted a mandatory-sign-up-to-a-company, or, if I get the game to work, bad controls. And I didn't know about ether.
Well it does recommend a controller and the other part is there but it is in bs hard to read type right below the mac requirements:
HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THIS VIDEO GAME AND ONLINE FEATURES AND TO PLAY ONLINE.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONE OR MORE SPECIFIC ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://www.assassinscreed.com.
Assassin’s Creed 2 © 2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Developed and published by Ubisoft.
Lucifer Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:37pm 
That's my point, it did say that their was a mandatory sign up on the gamepage, which means that you didn't read it. You should always read everything on there before you spend money.
rmfranco Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:44pm 
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEWTSWU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=BB1LBZVPJSN2&coliid=I1HWB69YJCTSY4&psc=1

Would the game work with this? Mine is the blue one in the picture. I haven't been able to get any of my Steam games to fully work with it, yet, so I don't know.
Lucifer Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:46pm 
As far as I know, the game did not work with any gamepads, but it can't hurt to try. The keyboard controls are just as good though.
rmfranco Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:48pm 
"Though I can't post a screenshot to show it, the Capcha said to type the two words. The problem was that the picutre was of one set of numbers."
As I had said here, I can not yet sign up for Uplay, due to this. Does anyone else get this?
#JeSuisCharlie#BringBackOurGirls Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:49pm 
Originally posted by rmfranco:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEWTSWU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=BB1LBZVPJSN2&coliid=I1HWB69YJCTSY4&psc=1

Would the game work with this? Mine is the blue one in the picture. I haven't been able to get any of my Steam games to fully work with it, yet, so I don't know.
I haven't owned a mac in 5 years so I cannot attest to whether it will work or not though it does say OSX compatible.
You may have to use x input or some other programs to adapt the controls for the game.
#JeSuisCharlie#BringBackOurGirls Jun 15, 2014 @ 7:51pm 
Your best bet may be just like pc users and get the wired x360 controller. There are simple guides to adapting it.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 15, 2014 @ 10:54am