Mac Freezes When Making A Trailer Video Fullscreen
As the title says, whenever I watch a trailer video for a game, the computer freezes and I am forced to completely turn off the computer by holding down the power button. The issue has been going on for a while now and has not seen any improvement.

I am ruuning
OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

And according to Steam Quick Look, version 1.2

Please tell me if I need to give you anymore specs
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
FMatos Nov 1, 2015 @ 9:09am 
I have the same problem, running El Capitan on a 2011 MBP. However in my case I don't need to hard reboot, I can just press cmd + alt + esc and it quits Steam. It should work for you too, so give it a try the next time.

I have always experienced problems with fullscreen trailers as well, for a couple of years... It usually just crashed Steam before. Shouldn't be so hard to fix?
marcohern Mar 4, 2016 @ 3:54am 
Let me tell you about my experience, for the sake of closure.

I have OS X El Capitan right now but it seems I've had this problem with previous MAC versions also. When attepting to watch a video in fullscreen by clicking the fullscreen button, the MAC does not freeze, but rather the screen goes completely black, you can tell if you attempt to watch a video in fullscreen with sound, you will hear sound but see no video.

During this state, I cannot return to the desktop with the Mouse or the regular shortcuts (Cmd + Tab, Esc, and the sort), and cliking on the screen makes the video Pause/Play. I was able to return to desktop by quitting steam with shortcut Cmd + Q. At that point, everything was back to normal.

So im here in the Steam Forums searching for a way to fix this issue, have not found anything yet.

:steamsad:
The Consul Apr 30, 2017 @ 11:20am 
Same problem with Mac mini (Late 2014), it's been around for as long as I can remember, still in 10.12.5 Beta. Is this something that does not affect all Macs?
rehashed May 4, 2017 @ 3:24am 
This has happened as long as I can remember on mac. Its why i never buy any games while on my mac (which is most of the time). Kinda helps in that respect.
Last edited by rehashed; May 4, 2017 @ 3:24am
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 3, 2015 @ 7:10pm