awesome.zum.pirat Jul 30 @ 9:58am
Giving a Game to a Friend as a Gift - Problem Mac - Windows - Crossover
Hello People,

I wanted to play DAY Z hence I bought it.
Since I have a MAC I downloaded the trial Version of Crossover and instaleld everything, however everything was pretty buggy and not really playable.

So I decided to give the game to a friend as a gift, since he has a windows pc it should run without problems. However: In my Steam (Mac Version) I cannot see the game in my library. When I go on the shop and browse the game page I see the Button "Play now" but I cant click it since its a mac version.
I cannot access the windows Version of Steam as Crossover Trial is over.
Also here in the backend of Steam (www.steampowered ....) I cannot access my library to gift the game (or did I overlook sth?).

So how should I proceed?
Hope someone can give me some magical tricks!

Cheers :)
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Ericrct Jul 30 @ 10:08am 
If you purchased for yourself you cannot gift the game.
Last edited by Ericrct; Jul 30 @ 1:09pm
TG Lantaern Jul 30 @ 11:07am 
You cant gift it
Ericrct Jul 30 @ 1:09pm 
Even if you got the windows version as a gift, it would still be giftable from a mac.
Random Reference #98 Jul 30 @ 4:05pm 
I don't know how it works since I'm on PC but Google "mac bootcamp". That will allow you to install Windows on your mac while still keeping your current OS and make it possible to play Windows games.
As far as gifting it, once the game is tied to your account it's yours forever, the only way to get a gift copy of games would be to select purchase as gift when you buy them. It's likely not showing up in your library because it's not for Mac though it is still tied to your account.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 30 @ 9:58am