Surprise Jul 29 @ 4:37pm
Dota 2 Yosemite Pre-Realease Bugs
I'm sure not much people plays at mac, nor even dota, but well I have both PC and Mac, and even with the graphics, I have to say it I hate windows and due to this I usually play on my Mac ( not a Bootcamp Mac, OS X for sure), I know windows is quite better at graphics and performance but I really hate it (even that smiley new blue screen). So, I recently install Yosemite Beta just for testing it, and I have found weird issues with Dota 2 including frames drop, crashes, weird bugs with a tilting screen, and thats just in the first hour.
Any one else have been experience any bug ?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Sneaky Amit Aug 5 @ 11:32pm 
same here... its unplayable on my public beta yosemite... the fps is terrible. gotta play it on bootcamp now :\
Brisk Aug 6 @ 3:41pm 
lolo
GavoKaotik Aug 7 @ 6:12pm 
Regarding Dota 2, I got it working right now after finding a way to disable vsync setting in the video.txt file (<user>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta/dota/cfg/video.txt). Just set the key "setting.mat_vsync" to "0" if it's not already there. At least solved to me the FPS spikes (or actually made them less noticeable, since the spikes are still there but now jumps between 120 fps and 60~40 fps when maxed out) if you can stand an ocasional tearing here and there from time to time... And an almost certain game crash when exiting the game...
Yosemite has been really a mixed bag to me (regarding to games, don't get me started on the UI). It got worse on some games (Dota 2, Civilization), the same on other games (Bioshock Infinite, Broforce) and better on other games (Batman Arkham City GOTY).
GavoKaotik Aug 8 @ 7:25am 
Actually, now that I've tested more, the temps really ramp up without vsync (reached 102º easily, and yet my fans where on 2000rpm... Really don't get how the MacBook Pro fans work...). I've activated again and will test later.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 29 @ 4:37pm