Sweet Home Chicago Sep 16, 2012 @ 1:21pm
Any good tutorials?
Hey, I am trying to make a Source game, but lately I have been having trouble with tutorials, any one have good ones?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
David Toma Sep 17, 2012 @ 9:09am 
All I can usually find on youtube are people who don't speak english, yet they put their title in english, or little kids, or people that use notepad and play crappy music like dreamscape or bodies in the background. So I haven't had any luck either, but if I find a good one, I'll post it here.
Last edited by David Toma; Sep 17, 2012 @ 9:10am
Rain Sep 20, 2012 @ 3:01pm 
While not an individual tutorial, nor completely thorough, https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Modding offers quite a bunch of helpfulness if one is willing to take some time and read.
Sweet Home Chicago Sep 24, 2012 @ 6:40pm 
Yeah, I read through most of that. It is a bit out dated methinks.
Tea Junkie™ Oct 1, 2012 @ 5:14pm 
I have made some that you might find useful.

Youtube Channel link: -

http://www.youtube.com/user/teajunk1e?feature=guide

I have made around 7 tutorial vidoes on different aspects of level creation in an easy to understand series of videos :)

Hopefully that helps.
Sweet Home Chicago Oct 1, 2012 @ 6:15pm 
Thanks :). Radioscity and Compiling kills this computer. I think I may need to ask my local hackerspace for some computers to make a cluster.
Greenhourglass Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:20pm 
I dont have any tutorials, but ill tell you a method im working on:

Go in source sdk and choose the 2006 or 2007 (2007 is best, and if you have orange box use it)

Hit make a mod, and make it in C:/insertmodnamehere

Choose your mod name

wait for it to set up

Go to the mod files (in sourcemods) and go to gameinfo.txt

Change it to the name of your mod (note that it might glitch ingame, look up something on that)

Using hammer, make a map or something

Put it in a "maps" folder in the game files

Go in CFGs and choose chapter1.cfg (notepad might work, i recommend notepad++ though)

delete whatever is there and type "map (your map name)" then save

Thats it.

If you get the right stuff for real coding, great, but this is just my easy method.
Sweet Home Chicago Oct 4, 2012 @ 3:37pm 
@Greenhourglass I want to actually code a mod, not just make a map for an already built game. I can already do that :P.
Greenhourglass Oct 4, 2012 @ 3:47pm 
Oh. Well for that you need a program called Microsoft Visual ++ Express.
Sweet Home Chicago Oct 5, 2012 @ 12:53pm 
No, I don't. I just need a compiler that will compile the coding. I have a grudge against Microsoft. Also, it is C++, not just ++. I already have that for XNA coding, considering if I am going to get hired anywhere I need to know XNA.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50