TF2 Server on Raspberry Pi?
I know this might be an odd question, but is it possible to run a TF2 server with a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian?
< >
Beiträge 18 von 8
Its possible as Raspbian is just a modified version of Debian. The main problem would be that the Raspberry Pi may not be powerful enough to reliably run a server. Its worth a go though :)
No it's not possible. Valve only ships x86 binaries, and the Raspberry Pi uses the ARM architecture. Also it'd be hilariously underpowered for running a TF2 server.
I don't know if this helps now, but I just tried a few hours ago and no, it is able to run the server and startup, but the server is so slow even empty that it is unplayable.
it is possible you would need a very powerful raspberry PI cluster to do it. And in the short term it would just be more economical to buy a dedicated server from a server hosting website. Plus you would have to factor in the internet traffic and the electricity coast to run 20+ raspberry pis. Long term though if you intend to have the server up for more then a year it maybe more economical to build a pie cluster.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von 🌀The Blue Portal🌀; 4. März 2015 um 2:46
it IS posible to make a 6v6 server on a raspberry pi 3b+
but not a 24/32 player server
sorry for posting 5 years later; you guys are saying it is possible, but HOW on a Raspberry Pi 4b 64-bit?
Ursprünglich geschrieben von 06NinjaKid06:
sorry for posting 5 years later; you guys are saying it is possible, but HOW on a Raspberry Pi 4b 64-bit?

This is the correct answer.:
Ursprünglich geschrieben von aiusepsi:
No it's not possible. Valve only ships x86 binaries, and the Raspberry Pi uses the ARM architecture. Also it'd be hilariously underpowered for running a TF2 server.

Raspberry Pi's use different CPU architecture (ARM instead of Intel basically) than what TF2 (and pretty-much all Valve games) are compiled for. You would somehow have to emulate an Intel (x86) machine under on Pi - which would have a way to much overhead to be useful. Better to just pick-up a cheap small-form-factor PC from eBay or Craigslist. It doesn't need much. I've used older Dell Optiplex "Micro" desktops. The dedicated server stuff, doesn't require or provide a GUI, and so video-card/GPU is not really a consideration. Just as much RAM as you can cram into it (if case you want to host multiple simultaneous games or do other things with it), and a decent SSD.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Weasel Ⓢ (Probably AFK); 12. Apr. um 14:30
You may need to use x86 emulator for ARM to get x86 to run, then you can use Steam and any other software that was compiled to run on x86

It will be slow..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuRZGf7Jqxg
https://www.xda-developers.com/install-steam-on-raspberry-pi/

plenty of guides / tutorials to try - should be able to find something that works for what you have
Zuletzt bearbeitet von [N]ebsun; 12. Apr. um 19:24
< >
Beiträge 18 von 8
Pro Seite: 1530 50