Ejziponken Feb 9 @ 3:56pm
CSGO servers linux
Hey.

Since nov-dec the performance on CSGO servers on Linux has been bad. When I say bad I mean BAD.

The last patch the other day made it even WORSE.

ATM we cant run 20 slot 128 tickrate servers.
Last year we could run 32 slot 128 stable tickrate with the same configuration (hardware and software).

There has been many complaints on the Csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com but no respond from anyone from Valve.

I'm running 12 CSGO servers. We had to reduce slots from 32 to 20 last year and now we cant even run 20 slots..... And Valve is not saying a word about it.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
extivity Feb 9 @ 4:42pm 
Its your server..... got a 32 slot server with 128tick on Debian and it works fine :)
The tickrate is based on your internet connection from the server and not because Valve do bad things and bad updates ;)
[SGC] KnightLife Feb 10 @ 7:22pm 
I agree. I would investigate your server performance to see where you are having issues. There could be a thousand things causing the issue. Saturated network card, disk under heavy load high cpu usage etc. I would try to diagnose and find the main cause of the issue rather than just blaming the csgo server and Valve.
Ejziponken Feb 10 @ 8:34pm 
Well I did investigate and the conclusion is that Valve released some bad coded patches. In the mailinglist for CSGO servers everybody agrees (people actually running servers). The halloween-patch and the feb 2014 patch made the server-performance extremely bad.
Dennis Tarmdart Feb 14 @ 3:10pm 
That's correct. The performance has decreased, and it's a big topic on the CS:GO mailinglist.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50