bobtheduck Aug 13, 2014 @ 9:06am
New TF2 Server IP Questions
I'm trying to set up a TF2 server for a final project at school, but I'm having some issues. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 for this.

I'm unsure how to set the IP for my server. It keeps telling me the address is 127.0.1.1 when I run ./tf.sh. I'm unsure if this is supposed to be like this.

When I run tf.sh it also keeps telling me it cant find the motd and map cycle files, when I'm looking right at them.
Last edited by bobtheduck; Aug 13, 2014 @ 9:09am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Broetchen Aug 16, 2014 @ 5:40pm 
Could you post the content of your tf.sh ?
bobtheduck Aug 18, 2014 @ 6:58am 
I can get the server to show up on a LAN, but not on the public server lsit.

Sure:

#!/bin/sh
tf2/srcds_run -game tf +sv_pure 1 +map ctf_2fort.bsp +maxplayers 24
Last edited by bobtheduck; Aug 18, 2014 @ 6:59am
Broetchen Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:06am 
To bind your server to an ip address you need to add +ip x.x.x.x to your script. Also you don't need to add the .bsp to the map you want the server to load. And have you made sure that no firewall or router blocks the default serverport 27015 udp/tcp ?
bobtheduck Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:09am 
so, it should look something like this?

#!/bin/sh
tf2/srcds_run -game tf +sv_pure 1 +ip my.ip.add.ress +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 24

I've got the whole firewall off, so i think. I'll check the iptables later after lecture. We're actually doing an iptable lecture today so I'll be able to open those ports, I think. =/

Thanks.
Broetchen Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:14am 
Yes, that should do it. :)

To spoil you a bit, these are basic rules you could use:
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --sport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
bobtheduck Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:16am 
Any idea on why it cant find motd and map cycle?

Awesome! Thank you, sir! I'll try that out when I get the chance. :-)

Hahaha, thank you! <3
Last edited by bobtheduck; Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:17am
Broetchen Aug 18, 2014 @ 8:14am 
Originally posted by bobtheduck:
Any idea on why it cant find motd and map cycle?
Maybe the wrong user owns the files or wrong rights were set? Otherwise I'd suggest to use the mapcyclefile command to specify it by yourself.
But if really nothing works I'd just edit the mapcycle_default.txt, motd_default.txt and motd_text_default.txt. Those files should never fail to load. ;)
Last edited by Broetchen; Aug 18, 2014 @ 8:17am
Originally posted by Broetchen:
Yes, that should do it. :)

To spoil you a bit, these are basic rules you could use:
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --sport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 27015 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

TCP conntrack I get but isn't UDP stateless?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 15 30 50