How run Steam/Tools/Source Multiplayer Dedicated Server
Common problem you get kicked from server when you host public (sv_lan 0)
steam validation rejected
This happens when you run server from through Steam window, server skip reading steam_appid.txt file and srcds.exe start wrong steam application ID.

Here video tutorial how you get this work with batch file
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=88632459

Here script for Cs:s
[letter]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\youraccount\source 2007 dedicated server\css_run.bat
@echo off cls :srcds echo 240> steam_appid.txt start /wait srcds.exe -steam -console -game cstrike +map de_dust2 -maxplayers 20 goto srcds
Last edited by "頁" with ᅚᅚ (blank); Sep 5, 2012 @ 2:05am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Spectre^^!=) Sep 5, 2012 @ 4:05am 
Простите, но я не знаю Английский язык(( =))
DANIA_KATCHOK Sep 5, 2012 @ 9:37am 
всё понятно , просто этот текст надо ввести в текстовом редакторе и сохранить как *.bat выбирая "Все файлы" и запустить
Ash Sep 5, 2012 @ 3:52pm 
i just want a tf2 server
Originally posted by Boneless Hand:
i just want a tf2 server
Followed the video, you can get it.
Spectre^^!=) Sep 6, 2012 @ 3:37am 
Originally posted by dmytro.kostelny:
всё понятно , просто этот текст надо ввести в текстовом редакторе и сохранить как *.bat выбирая "Все файлы" и запустить

Ясно... =)
DaftMink Sep 6, 2012 @ 8:34am 
Here's a zip file containing the steam_appid.txt files for CSS, DOD, HL2DM, and TF2.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46003529/steam_appid.zip

It also contains a file srcds_run.bat which starts the server with the user interface.
alex.soares25 Sep 6, 2012 @ 1:41pm 
ALGUEM ME PASSA UM SERVIDOR PRA MIM JOGAR
Kayo Sep 8, 2012 @ 9:53am 
Apparently, when i port forward (verizon auto fills the correct ports) no one can connect? WTF
Spectre^^!=) Sep 8, 2012 @ 10:04am 
Originally posted by Slender undeadSWAG Man:
Apparently, when i port forward (verizon auto fills the correct ports) no one can connect? WTF
Yes, not to play deticated my server (((
ISoloPhantom Sep 14, 2012 @ 4:32pm 
Originally posted by Bacardi:
Common problem you get kicked from server when you host public (sv_lan 0)
steam validation rejected
This happens when you run server from through Steam window, server skip reading steam_appid.txt file and srcds.exe start wrong steam application ID.

Here video tutorial how you get this work with batch file
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=88632459

Here script for Cs:s
[letter]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\youraccount\source 2007 dedicated server\css_run.bat
@echo off cls :srcds echo 240> steam_appid.txt start /wait srcds.exe -steam -console -game cstrike +map de_dust2 -maxplayers 20 goto srcds


Can you re-edit this for Team fortress 2 please?
Originally posted by TGRDrazzor:
Can you re-edit this for Team fortress 2 please?
No... can you look video, how it done to Cs:s, HL2DM and DOD:s ?
Nothing amazing to do this TF2 also.
ISoloPhantom Sep 15, 2012 @ 8:45am 
Thanks man, you are a gent. Great video, and very helpful. Server is up and running. Do you know how long it takes before your server shows on the server list?
Not really.
ISoloPhantom Sep 15, 2012 @ 6:24pm 
One more question for you. Do you know how to set the parameters for no respawn time on tf2?
Originally posted by TGRDrazzor:
One more question for you. Do you know how to set the parameters for no respawn time on tf2?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tf2+respawn+time
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Sep 5, 2012 @ 2:04am
Posts: 15