TeeJay Sep 15, 2013 @ 11:49pm
CSGO problems using Workshop Collections
My CSGO server recently started a new behaviour: When I use a Workshop collection with more then one map, the server loads de_dust instead, despite what parameter I put in command line "workshop_start_map". Map voting does not work either. Collections with one map loads the right map. Default maps groups like mg_bomb works fine!

I have reloaded all my server files (steamcmd & csgo-ds folders) from scratch using default Valve techniques and the error is reproducible. I am experiencing this behaviour on a 2012 x64 server and have been able to reproduce the error on a Windows 8 Pro x64 machine. I am currently downloading on my Ubuntu to see whether the same behaviour applies to Linux servers.

You got any idea why and an idea how to fix it?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Sepp Sep 16, 2013 @ 12:36am 
Might have to do with 3 files located in the csgo folder:
subscribed_collection_ids.txt
subscribed_file_ids.txt
ugc_collection_cache.txt
Either delete them or make them "content empty". I remember there was a discussion on the csgo server mailing list about those. You can also try to put in your workshop collection ids.
Anyway...deleting them worked for me. Be aware that they'll be redownloaded everytime you update the server.
TeeJay Sep 16, 2013 @ 1:08am 
Hey Sepp. That worked! Thanks a lot. I have spent DAYS searching Google before posting here - and what do you know: The solution within one hour! (Note to self: Ask in the forums, better sooner than later!).
I have modified my update script so I'll remove the files automatically after each update.
Sepp Sep 16, 2013 @ 2:58am 
You're welcome...glad this helped.
SigHunter Apr 6 @ 9:51am 
omg thanks alot, i also spend days with this.

how stupid is it that those files exist in a default install of srcds
Jarzka May 4 @ 4:23am 
I had the same problem and this solution worked. Thank you very much Sepp. :)
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2013 @ 11:49pm