BadKarMa 2013 年 7 月 18 日 下午 4:05
SteamCMD and cached credentials
I've installed SteamCMD and it ran fine some time ago. However when I start it now and try to login, it says:

Logging in user 'xy' to Steam Public...Using cached credentials... Login Failure: Invalid Password Failed.

I haven't changed my PW, so that's odd, but that is not why I'm posting here: It ALLWAYS uses "cached credentials" and I don't know how I can login now by entering my PW.

Is there any way to delete the cached credentials or to tell SteamCMD not to use them?
< >
正在显示第 1 - 15 条,共 18 条留言
BadKarMa 2013 年 7 月 18 日 下午 4:42 
Nevermind - I figured it out myself. You can actually login via
login <username> <password>
Wheman 2013 年 7 月 20 日 下午 9:24 
Was looking for this info, thanks!
Petro 2014 年 4 月 18 日 下午 12:00 
^^ same here :D thx for info
BrutalCow 2014 年 7 月 5 日 下午 8:26 
As was I. Thank you my friend.
jon snow 2014 年 7 月 5 日 下午 9:20 
thanks man
Knappy 2014 年 7 月 6 日 上午 8:24 
Just a tip on the first login:
login username
CMD> password: typeyourpass

You will get a SteamGuard on the first attempt, verify the code and after that you only need to use
login username
without a password

See this
最后由 Knappy 编辑于; 2014 年 7 月 6 日 上午 8:25
ᗰOᗰᗰY 2014 年 7 月 20 日 下午 11:22 
引用自 BadKarMa
Thx dude
Knappy 2014 年 7 月 21 日 上午 9:42 
引用自 Shinigami Cry
引用自 BadKarMa
Thx dude
This will work, however in my experience in dealing with VPS SRCDS's (when logging in the first time via SteamCMD I end up having to enter my account password after verifying with the SteamGuard code. Not a major deal, just FYI.. All OS's are different so I can only speak for Winwoes 7 or Server.

Also, if you are downloading only server content, then you can login anonymously. If you are attempting to download game content, then you would need an account login to validate that you indeed own the game.

Contagion is the only game that I am aware of (currently) that uses the same APPID for both their game and server as the game includes both client and server content. Thus you would need to login with an account that actually owns Contagion.

Edit: Also note that SteamCMD will cache your credentials for the machine you log in on. Should you change IP or attempt to login from another location/computer, it may ask for a SteamGuard code.
最后由 Knappy 编辑于; 2014 年 7 月 21 日 上午 9:44
BadKarMa 2014 年 7 月 21 日 下午 2:54 
@all
Nice to hear that I could help so many here! This encourages me to allways post the solution if I figure it out myself.

@Knappy
引用自 Knappy
(...) Also note that SteamCMD will cache your credentials for the machine you log in on. Should you change IP or attempt to login from another location/computer, it may ask for a SteamGuard code.
Thanks for your input, but SteamCMD sometimes seems to mess up these cached credentials and that is what this thread is actually about. If you then try to log in via "login <username>", it behaves as mentioned in my very first post and doesn't let you enter any password. It just says "Invalid Password" and denies your login. If you don't know you can login via "login <username> <password>", then you can't reset the invalid cached credentials and are forced to reinstall.
Also there are some games that require a non-anonymous account that doesn't necessarily have to own the game to run its dedicated server. If I remember correctly Killing Floor is one of them. I don't know why, though.

Knappy 2014 年 7 月 21 日 下午 3:29 
引用自 BadKarMa
@all
SNIPPED
@Knappy
Thanks for your input, but SteamCMD sometimes seems to mess up these cached credentials and that is what this thread is actually about. If you then try to log in via "login <username>", it behaves as mentioned in my very first post and doesn't let you enter any password. It just says "Invalid Password" and denies your login...
I had the same issue, would end the SteamCMD process and "login username" and wait for either the Password of SteamGuard prompt. A minor oversight but also a minor workaround.
Drevis 2015 年 8 月 17 日 上午 9:58 
引用自 Knappy
Also, if you are downloading only server content, then you can login anonymously. If you are attempting to download game content, then you would need an account login to validate that you indeed own the game.

So in cases where you need to sign into download content, would one be able to login to another computer to play on that server?
最后由 Drevis 编辑于; 2015 年 8 月 17 日 上午 9:59
Tev 2015 年 8 月 20 日 上午 5:59 
引用自 Drevis
引用自 Knappy

So in cases where you need to sign into download content, would one be able to login to another computer to play on that server?
While I might not understand your question right.

• You can only download certain content if you authenticate through SteamCMD with your Steam credentials.

• Other stuff you can download while anonymous; logged off; using SteamCMD.

If you want to host a server, you need to download the proper server content using SteamCMD; then port forward and use a .bat -file or a SRCDS shortcut with the launch parameters to host the actual server (or whatever executable the server may use.)

Then others can access your server, even those outside your home network. (If Port Forwarding and Firewall settings allow it.)
最后由 Tev 编辑于; 2015 年 8 月 20 日 上午 6:02
引用自 BadKarMa

THX MAN!
IQ 2021 年 8 月 25 日 下午 10:45 
even using that method it doesn't work
... 2021 年 8 月 26 日 下午 9:49 
Nice brows
< >
正在显示第 1 - 15 条,共 18 条留言
每页显示数: 1530 50