soopaflyjoe Jul 3, 2015 @ 12:03pm
will steam be on xbox 1
we all can say it will or will not come to xbox 1 with the new windows 10 update coming. Xbox 1 is getting windows 10 and windows 10 is getting xbox 1. Steam suports windows servers and stuff and can conect xbox controlers and all that jaz. When xbox gets windows 10 they are adding apps from windows. These apps could include the steam app and origen app for all we know. I'm more than sure the new apps are not just going to be social apps cause we allready got most of those on the curent xbox 1. Curently we can go to best buy or other game stores to buy pc games and use game keys to link them to steam and origen. So why is is hard to think we could buy these games and use the keys on the xbox. Games are still games regardless of what they are on. I also feel it's a waste to have the same game on like 20 difrent things all costing the same price. Take skyrim for a example. its on just about all the systems. If I own skyrim why would I buy another same game and waste money on it. what a waste of time/money and resourses for gamers and game builders to make 20 difrent hard copies of the same game. All in all the xbox 1 is more of a computer than any other console. Why would it be hard to think it will add pc games. xbox 1 suports usb ports and keybord suport allready so playing with mouse and keybord is allready there. xbox gives us free games so saying they will lose money is kinda dumb since they give us 2 games on xbox 1 free every month. 2 games free a month times a butt load of players is alot of cash down the drain if you want to think of profits. Even one of the head xbox 1 manigment said in a e3 talk said how much he adored steam.

best way to put it is oil prices and cars. all cars just about use the same oil and the oil company sells oil at difrent prices. Why can't gameing systems be the same way. With the systems being the cars that run the oil and the oil being the games we play. It makes more sence if games are games and can be played on all systems.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
soopaflyjoe Jul 3, 2015 @ 12:12pm 
please no trash talk or dissing of others. This is just a topic to open people up to the possibility of this happening. This may or may not happen. If you don't like what has been said then please just leave and don't coment.

Thank you and high hopes to a new revolution of gaming for all
Evident Jul 3, 2015 @ 9:31pm 
Windows 10 is like the matrix, what you see and what's really happening are 2 different things. Especially when it comes to Xbox 1...

Different processor, video card, drivers in general, plus Microsoft would NEVER kill there own gaming market by letting steam be on their console..... Just saying.

The "Windows 10" version that xbox will receive will be completely different under the hood then your PC version, no matter how similer they look. Just ask anyone who used Windows RT and Windows 8, same ♥♥♥♥ lol.

soopaflyjoe Jul 3, 2015 @ 10:10pm 
Steam's on their pc so why not put them into their xbox. Ether whay they win.

People will buy xbox's just to play steam. I know I would. So it's would not kill the market it would make it great. Both compainy's having the same sales and same prices and linking as one. Could boost sales for both parties.

I want the head of steam to say otherwise and I want to hear from the head of mircosoft also befor I can think otherwise.Also with one of the head of mircosoft guy's saying how he adores steam is almost like he's hinting to it.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Hardware_Specs
it is just about a computer with its processor, video card, drivers
Last edited by soopaflyjoe; Jul 3, 2015 @ 10:20pm
Bic_boii Jul 4, 2015 @ 10:07pm 
Yes to answer this, Steam will be coming on to the computer.
Paws Jul 5, 2015 @ 6:58am 
It's very likely to happen, but probably not in the next couple of years.

Article from TechRadar post-E3: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/with-xbox-one-microsoft-is-building-the-steam-machine-valve-can-t-1296854

Specific to the question is the quote below, from the end of the article:

"But we know you'll be able to stream your Xbox One games to the PC when Windows 10 launches, so what about the other way around? Microsoft recently told me that it's something it's looking into, with nothing yet to announce."
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 3, 2015 @ 12:03pm