Garry's Mod Server No Longer Works
I had a Garry's Mod server up and running a few months ago. When I decided to start it back up again I had to update it. Once I finished updating, everything ran as usual, but this time noone could connect to the server. It makes no sense to me since my ports were forwarded and, after checking again, still are forwarded. I also have AVG so I made sure to allow the server through the firewall for AVG, Windows, and my router. I haven't changed anything since it last worked, so as far as I know, there shouldn't be a problem.

It was a dedicated server downloaded through SteamCMD and ran ULX, ULIB, and TTT commands for ULX, as well as workshop hosted maps and plugin.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by PhilThePenguin <#TeamPenguintiv>; Jul 17 @ 1:38pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Knappy Jul 20 @ 7:15pm 
Nuke the server (Shift-Delete) or whatever the CMD is to entirely delete the server files from your OS.

Re-install a clean server and report your findings. Also, post your launch.bat or launch options that you are using along with the server.cfg should the issue persist.
Last edited by Knappy; Jul 20 @ 7:15pm
Dio Joestar Jul 20 @ 10:02pm 
Originally posted by Knappy:
Nuke the server (Shift-Delete) or whatever the CMD is to entirely delete the server files from your OS.

Re-install a clean server and report your findings. Also, post your launch.bat or launch options that you are using along with the server.cfg should the issue persist.

Your solution for all is erase and start from scratch?
Knappy Jul 20 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by Dio Joestar:

It's not a solution, it's called process of elimination, and yes I would like you to start from scratch as this server is months old and the files could have been corrupted. Unless you have limited bandwidth, just use SteamCMD and download the server content. Don't add game content just yet. Configure your launch options/.bat and report your findings.

It's not a solution, it's called process of elimination, and yes I would like you to start from scratch as this server is months old and the files could have been corrupted. Unless you have limited bandwidth, just use SteamCMD and download the server content. Don't add game content just yet. Configure your launch options/.bat and report your findings.

Alright, I'll do it tomorrow and report the findings
Knappy Jul 23 @ 5:56pm 
Status Report?
Status Report?
I nuked the server and reinstalled it and it works great. Im gonna reinstall my addons bit by bit and see if any of that causes a problem. I had 3 different gmod server folders, so I didnt assume that I had to reinstall the server. I feel like an idiot with such an easy fix.
1892 Jul 24 @ 10:31am 

Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50