Can't Find Laptop Specs
Hi,

I'm in the market for a new laptop and thought I would get something more gamer-orriented. I finally settled on a Acer Aspire E5-551 15.6inch 8GB 1TB laptop. However I can't find specs for it on Acer's website or anywhere else online and I'd really like to know the graphics capabilities etc.
Please can anybody help me get reviews or specs for this laptop?

Thanks.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/acer-e5-551-15-6-laptop-black-10011211-pdt.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw6deeBRCswoauquC8haUBEiQAdq5zh78RtsrT1AwDaasZ2QGh3aHcZiskUpYE4Ab1DQbAfwoaAiNd8P8HAQ&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!49857649100!!!g!57001070825!&ef_id=U9GBigAAADMeDWth:20140728215155:s
< >
Beiträge 19 von 9
Knappy 28. Juli 2014 um 15:31 
Windows Start Button type dxdiag, Run 64-bit Diagnostics if you are 64 bit. The Display tab will have your video chip information. See this[windows.microsoft.com]

As for the laptop you linked, the specs are listed there[www.pcworld.co.uk].
Manual[www.manualslib.com]
Drivers[www.notebook-driver.com]

Processor[www.cpubenchmark.net]
Video (Radeon R6)[videocardbenchmark.net] <concerning

I assume you live in England based on the cost of the laptop you linked. I have heard from many people (outside the states) that they buy computer parts here in the states because the are so much cheaper. With that said, I have always used Tiger Direct[www.tigerdirect.com] and never had a problem. Other people may suggest Newegg[www.newegg.com].

If your budget is ~$1000 USD then I would go for something like this[www.tigerdirect.com] and use the money you save to get a video card. Others may have better suggestions, I haven't built a rig in over 5 years now.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Knappy; 28. Juli 2014 um 15:51
okgj 28. Juli 2014 um 16:26 
Thanks,

I'm mainly just looking for a good and solid but also affordable laptop for gaming mainly. I don't intend to play any high end games, mainly games like Fez, Witcher etc.
So I'd rather not spend $1000 to play undemanding games.

Right now I've been recommended by a friend for a HP with a Intel HD 4000 built in card. I've done my research and it seems to be suitable for my needs.
Knappy 28. Juli 2014 um 16:44 
Since your link was in pounds the currency conversion was ~$950 USD, was about to say that's a bit pricey for a top with those specs. HD 4000 Benchmark[www.videocardbenchmark.net]. You sould be ok with those games you listed, but games like Dead Island or other GFX Intensive games would be an issue. So you should be 'ok' with that card. However don't sacrifice the processor for the gfx. Feel free to share what laptop you're looking at so I along with others can give better feedback, because it's not all about the GPU.

For example, I intend on getting a laptop for sound processing and light gaming/testing, which would need a higher-end processor unless the integrated sound chip is high end.

Edit: I have no issue with HP, but others will say otherwise, I actually prefer them over any other brand (Acer, Asus, Dell) but Toshiba is my 2nd choice in my 12 years of dealing with them.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Knappy; 28. Juli 2014 um 16:48
okgj 28. Juli 2014 um 16:51 
Thanks for your advice Knappy, much appreciated.

Since it's pretty clear you know much more about this than I do I was wondering if you could take one final look at the two laptops I'm looking at. I'm not sure which one is better ignoring the price part of it. One is Intel and the other is AMD.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1432835.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2499365.htm
Knappy 28. Juli 2014 um 18:15 
The things that stand out the most to me, using HP Specsheet[h10025.www1.hp.com] and the Acer Datasheet[us.acer.com]

HP/Intel: Intel Core i3-3217U with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (1.8 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)[www.cpubenchmark.net]
Acer/AMD: AMD A8-7100 2 GHz Quad-core (4 Core) < Can't locate the benchmark on that one

Can't confirm on the AMD but Intel is 1TB 5400 rpm SATA, what searching I did indicated the AMD is the same. Not a major issue really.

Intel: 802.11b/g/n (1x1) | 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN = 10/100 No Gigabit/Cat6 (1000)
AMD: 802.11b/g/n | Gigabit Ethernet = 10/100/1000 however without a Giga Router it's pointless. Great if you intend on sharing large files in a wired network, but as this is a laptop, it's not common for one to use it for such things but the fact it has Gigabit is a plus.

USB (3.0 is not not a major factor but is a plus since it is becoming market standard)
Intel: Number of USB 2.0 Ports = 1 | Number of USB 3.0 Ports = 2
AMD: Number of 2.0 ports = 2 | Number of USB 3.0 Ports= 1

GPU:
Intel: HD 4600[www.videocardbenchmark.net]
AMD: Radeon R6[www.videocardbenchmark.net]

Close call, but disregarding the price (which you can shop around in the online stores within the states as mentioned above and get them cheaper) I would go with the HP/Intel for the USB and GFX. However, there are a number of these models new and refurbished on tigerdirect with varying specs that would work in your favor both processor and GPU wise.

It's like buying a car, take your time as it's something you will literally live with.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Knappy; 28. Juli 2014 um 18:17
okgj 28. Juli 2014 um 23:29 
Thanks a lot Knappy.
Laptop is NOT made for gaming dude build your own pc is batter :golden:
Knappy 3. Aug. 2014 um 14:56 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Professor_Epic:
Laptop is NOT made for gaming dude build your own pc is batter :golden:
Orly?[www.dell.com]

Though a laptop may not have as much power or versatility for upgrades there are quite a few laptops that would blow most stock "Gaming" PC's out of the water. Remember Voodoo before they were bought out by HP? Alienware?

Perhaps mobility takes precedence over power in the client's situation? Agree though, it is much cheaper to build you own PC than to buy one off the shelf.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Knappy; 3. Aug. 2014 um 14:58
I have the same problem was, but somehow she decided))
< >
Beiträge 19 von 9
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 28. Juli 2014 um 15:30