root 14. aug. 2014 kl. 13:01
Using SRCDS for a company
Hello there,i want to use SRCDS for my host company,and i will may use a windows server. There is any terms that i should know first? I cant find out any of them.
< >
Viser 1-7 af 7 kommentarer
君萨克大课间 14. aug. 2014 kl. 20:51 
看不懂
Knappy 14. aug. 2014 kl. 22:10 
SRCDS means Source Dedicated Server, not sure what company you intend on incorporating but one can't simply take SRCDS and claim it under their own copyright.

If you are starting a game server host/provider then by all mean you can offer your clients whatever they wish to download as nearly all Steam SRCDS ID's do not require a client to own a game to run a server. However, I don't quite understand your intentions here.
root 15. aug. 2014 kl. 0:19 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Knappy:
SRCDS means Source Dedicated Server, not sure what company you intend on incorporating but one can't simply take SRCDS and claim it under their own copyright.

If you are starting a game server host/provider then by all mean you can offer your clients whatever they wish to download as nearly all Steam SRCDS ID's do not require a client to own a game to run a server. However, I don't quite understand your intentions here.
I want to use,whatever it takes in order to sell my service to my clients,using some program such as SRCDS,or something else. My question is,can i use anything in order to sell servers for games such as GMod,CSS and etc.
All best.
Knappy 15. aug. 2014 kl. 0:37 
SRCDS isn't nevessarialy a program, it's a Source (Steam) Engine Server. Not all games are SRCDS (Steam), I.E. Origin BF3 Sims etc etc. Any person can download SteamCMD and make servers without owning the game therefore it shouldn't be a probkem to host Source games alongside others.
root 15. aug. 2014 kl. 5:06 
SRCDS isn't nevessarialy a program, it's a Source (Steam) Engine Server. Not all games are SRCDS (Steam), I.E. Origin BF3 Sims etc etc. Any person can download SteamCMD and make servers without owning the game therefore it shouldn't be a probkem to host Source games alongside others.
I know,im talking about games that supports SRCDS. I have to know only the copyright terms,in order to use that program. I'll ask EA and another companys thier policy.
Knappy 15. aug. 2014 kl. 17:41 
As long as you don't explicitly label your company with a trademark, or advertise under the trademarked name, you have every right to host SRCDS servers on a dedi or whatever you intend to do with it. However, this day in age you should tread lightly as there is a difference between using legalzoom and a real lawyer:
Dear owner of srcds.com,
We have to notify you of the fact that srcds is a registered trademark of the VALVe Corporation. Therefore we are forced to request the ownership of the domain. If you will not transfer the domain within 2 weeks we will have to contact our lawyer.

We'd like to thank you for the effort. Please be careful using trademarks in domains next time. We ordered sourceds.com and linked it the "A" Record of your site. Hereby I give you our permission to operate from that domain.

Regards,
John Ericsson (johne@valvesoftware.com)
Source[forums.srcds.com]
root 16. aug. 2014 kl. 4:10 
As long as you don't explicitly label your company with a trademark, or advertise under the trademarked name, you have every right to host SRCDS servers on a dedi or whatever you intend to do with it. However, this day in age you should tread lightly as there is a difference between using legalzoom and a real lawyer:
Dear owner of srcds.com,
We have to notify you of the fact that srcds is a registered trademark of the VALVe Corporation. Therefore we are forced to request the ownership of the domain. If you will not transfer the domain within 2 weeks we will have to contact our lawyer.

We'd like to thank you for the effort. Please be careful using trademarks in domains next time. We ordered sourceds.com and linked it the "A" Record of your site. Hereby I give you our permission to operate from that domain.

Regards,
John Ericsson (johne@valvesoftware.com)
Source[forums.srcds.com]
I understand.
Thank you.
Have a nice weekend.
Sidst redigeret af root; 16. aug. 2014 kl. 4:11
< >
Viser 1-7 af 7 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 14. aug. 2014 kl. 13:01