NATURE Nov 18, 2012 @ 3:51pm
If someone offered you a free game would you accept it.
If someone you didnt know on steam offered you a free game would you accept it. If not tell y
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
TheRetrodude Nov 18, 2012 @ 3:58pm 
Provided they don't try to get me to click on an external link to get the game, sure. I'm only going to accept it if the person offering the game gives it to me through the Steam Trade interface. I do NOT need my account hijacked!
NATURE Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:15pm 
Well im offering a free Red Faction Armageddon which i dont need cuz i all ready own. If you want just ask only 4 people who dont have the game. It funny how you try to do somthing nice out of your heart without somone thinking your trying to get over on them.
Last edited by NATURE; Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:16pm
NATURE Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:36pm 
Originally posted by Eisbrecher:
Well under the frequently asked questions section under Steam Support there is a warning against this.

Originally posted by Steam Support:
Warning:
Never accept a gift from someone you do not know.

Additionally, do not pay someone to gift a game to you.

Link.

Will I see...... most of the time I try to give it to my friend lists and they look at me crazy
SteventheSlayer Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:46pm 
Originally posted by J2THEON:
Originally posted by Eisbrecher:
Well under the frequently asked questions section under Steam Support there is a warning against this.

Originally posted by Steam Support:
Warning:
Never accept a gift from someone you do not know.

Additionally, do not pay someone to gift a game to you.

Link.

Will I see...... most of the time I try to give it to my friend lists and they look at me crazy
I don't know, my friends are always very apprecative when I give them games. We're always giving each other gifts and such.
Brucε Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:50pm 
In the case I didn't know them. Then my answer is NO! No one is that nice. Nothing comes free in this world! I always feel like there's a hidden agenda with people. On the other hand, if I knew them, in a heartbeat.
SteventheSlayer Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:54pm 
Originally posted by ๖ۣۜBŗuςε Lεε‽:
In the case I didn't know them. Then my answer is NO! No one is that nice. Nothing comes free in this world! I always feel like there's a hidden agenda with people. On the other hand, if I knew them, in a heartbeat.
So you're saying that the 200 "free dota 2 key" threads are scams?
Often people give stuff away because they don't need it, and don't have any friends that want it.
NATURE Nov 18, 2012 @ 5:00pm 

Yeah it's pretty sad people thinks everyone has a hidden agenda, in this world we live in where no one trust anyone anymore.
Brucε Nov 18, 2012 @ 5:00pm 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Often people give stuff away because they don't need it, and don't have any friends that want it.

Isn't dota 2 a free game. . .? -_-
Kitaeo Nov 18, 2012 @ 5:04pm 
its me!
Kitaeo Nov 18, 2012 @ 5:07pm 
Thanks!
NATURE Nov 18, 2012 @ 5:08pm 
Originally posted by seumasbeathan:
J2THEON, So do you have a Red Faction to gift? I would be most appreciative:D
I just give it away to Kitaeo
NATURE Nov 18, 2012 @ 5:09pm 
Originally posted by seumasbeathan:
J2THEON, So do you have a Red Faction to gift? I would be most appreciative:D
sorry
SteventheSlayer Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:39pm 

People say it will be, but it's still in beta, which is why there's beta keys floating around.
Nightmare Sasha Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:42pm 
Not through an external link
Brucε Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:55pm 

People say it will be, but it's still in beta, which is why there's beta keys floating around.

Don't get me wrong. Even I received a code. Even though I don't play the game. Then again, I was invited to the closed beta event as well. But I signed up for that one. Hmm. .

They as well make it a free game and stop with this codes nonsence. Since everyone seems to be able to obtain it quite simple. Open beta, ftw.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2012 @ 3:51pm