Hoxtonlicious™ Nov 17, 2012 @ 1:01pm
How to spell "You're","Your" and "You"
You, not u. You're, not ur, and, Your, not ur ok? Noobs who think typing that way is cool GO TO SPELLING CLASS (Or ELA) FOR ONCE
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
< >
HvyDante Nov 17, 2012 @ 1:09pm 
now if u got to type to a bud real quick in the mid. of combat u are going to abrivate with u instead of you...(and i am using U just to piss u off)
Waypalm Nov 17, 2012 @ 1:53pm 
Originally posted by lambo:
now if u got to type to a bud real quick in the mid. of combat u are going to abrivate with u instead of you...(and i am using U just to piss u off)

Or you could just learn to type fast and correctly like I have done and save yourself from looking like an un-educated idiot.
Hoxtonlicious™ Nov 17, 2012 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by Waypalm:

Or you could just learn to type fast and correctly like I have done and save yourself from looking like an un-educated idiot.

Someone who finally understands me!
tmwfte Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:26pm 
Yuir kidding meh, right laddie?
Maestitia Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:34pm 
Originally posted by xXHunter of the dead367Xx:
You, not u. You're, not ur, and, Your, not ur ok? Noobs who think typing that way is cool GO TO SPELLING CLASS (Or ELA) FOR ONCE

Judging by your two posts on these forums you need to lighten up a little.
Not everything is a square A4 paper.
nobody Nov 17, 2012 @ 4:51pm 
You: Hey, are you going to the store?
Your: Hey, is it in your wallet?
You're: Hey, you're planning to kill yourself? Me too!

That's the way I think about it - you're is for "you are". I had such a difficult time with this while I was being taught English. I still have difficulties with there and their (not they're, they are).
Zen Nov 17, 2012 @ 5:20pm 
Even companies can't spell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3W1a_rY7k
(A:R) Litagano Motscoud Nov 17, 2012 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Waypalm:

I doubt making a mistake in typing makes you look like an "uneducated idiot".
em_t_hed Nov 17, 2012 @ 5:50pm 
Originally posted by Negative_N:
Even companies can't spell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3W1a_rY7k

o wow... i wish i could favorite a post
A Delicious Cheese Pizza Nov 17, 2012 @ 6:17pm 
lol
Pandawala Nov 17, 2012 @ 7:02pm 
Yurrrrrr
♥ Sora ♥ Nov 17, 2012 @ 8:22pm 
OP, This is what the internet is gonna do to you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbBuGlR0l4

Obviously, No one online that is a gamer gives a rats ♥♥♥ about ELA. BTW, The accusation of "Everyone who thinks its cool to type like this is a noob" Thats pretty much stating, that you think we are all -new- to the internet since the definition of a noobie, is a new player.

Just because some of us prefer to type shorthanded rather than type out the entire word under fire from enemy players doesnt make us ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and require ELA class once again. That just shows how ignorant you really are.

The 3 seconds it takes to type "You" instead of "u" vs the 3 seconds it takes for the enemy to throw a grenade, is the life and death ingame seconds. For the few who care about K/D Ratio's or anything else, a simple shorthand typing will make it a whole hell of alot faster. Esspecially for the few of us who refuse to use, or buy mircophones.

Not to mention. "Welcome to the day and age of technology" Gotta problem with technology, Join IETF and force the internet to requires us to use proper words. (Which will be rejected to due impossible to implement in internet standards and force world wide. Goodluck) That is all I have to say in response to this rant.
Brucε Nov 17, 2012 @ 10:16pm 
I understand the frustration with the shorthand stuff seeping its way into written communication, e.g., forums, blogs, and social networks. According to Waypalm, it might seem "uneducated." A little bias on his behalf. However, It's no different than creating outlines while you take notes. It's just streamlined efficiency.

I think the real issue is when people aren't willing to over look a typo or a missing comma and instead of focusing on the content of a message they focus on the formatting. Often I've seen someone post a comment where they're entirely correct, but get torn down because they used "their" instead of "they're" or "loose" instead of "lose" in a context were the intended meaning was evident. Take a moment and just relax! It's easy enough to tell from the context of the situation what the author's intended meaning.
Vampyre Nov 18, 2012 @ 9:14am 
Originally posted by ♥ Sora ♥:
BTW, The accusation of "Everyone who thinks its cool to type like this is a noob" Thats pretty much stating, that you think we are all -new- to the internet since the definition of a noobie, is a new player.
I'm fairly sure (or at least it is my perception) that "noob" and "newbie" have each their own meaning in the online community - especially the gaming niche.

A "newbie" is, like you said, someone who is simply new to the scene. We were all newbies at one point at everything we ever did - even life itself. A newbie performs poorly because they are inexperienced and still learning.

A "noob" is a much more derogative insult more in the spirit of being called bad or useless because they, despite having plenty of experience, still perform poorly. A noob is someone who is no longer new and learning, but yet still does badly for whatever reason.

The noob term probably originated from the newbie term, but their individual meanings have shifted to no longer being one and the same thing. At least that's what I've gathered.
Seanchaoz Nov 18, 2012 @ 9:33am 
A newbie learns from his mistakes and improves.

A noob does not.
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2012 @ 1:01pm