JacobU Oct 31, 2012 @ 12:25pm
[MOTM] Ultima Virus
Welcome to the Mod of the Month!

Here's how it works. Every month we select a volunteer moderator to answer a few questions. The goal is for everyone to get more acquainted with the community moderators, as a fun activity suited for off topic.

We've started this month's MOTM by asking Ultima Virus a variety of basic questions. Feel free to post your own questions as well and Ultima Virus may choose to answer them. Make sure to keep them appropriate with the forum rules in mind.

Meet Ultima Virus! MOTM of November!

Previous MOTMs are available here:
April: Odra
May: Zefar
June: smash
July: ocarD
August: Janobi
September: rotNdude
October: ianskate
Last edited by rotNdude; Nov 8, 2012 @ 7:33am
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
Ultima Virus Nov 4, 2012 @ 8:14pm 
How did you come up with your handle/persona?
I was a fan of Final Fantasy way back in the day and the best spell was Ultima. I also have/had an interest in science and thought viruses were very interesting. Smash them together and what do you get?

What is your favorite video game and why?
Morrowind. It's simply the most engrossing, detailed and atmospheric game that has ever existed. So much work went into things that nobody even pays attention to. This means there is almost always something new to discover. I have at least 1000 hours in my current save.

What is your favorite gaming genre and why?
RPG. I like to live in a virtual world where new , fantastic possibilities exist. I love to explore and learn about these new places. I'm a traveler!

What is your favorite forum on SPUF?
Off Topic, big secret there. Although a close second would be the super secret forum for those with over 20,000 posts.

How long have you been a moderator here?
Since 2007, I think.

What is your gaming computer's specs?
Copy/Paste
Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5
And a 1TB HDD

Nothing else important to mention.

Do you speak any languages other than English?
No. I wish. I make horrible attempts at Spanish, though. Since Spanish is kinda like French I guess I kinda do that, too.

Cat or dog?
Dog. Has more loyalty and can be used for a variety of practical purposes.

Sonic or Mario?
Mario.

iOS or Android?
I've only ever used an Android.

Do you have a memorable or favorite moment on the forums?
My Off Topic takeovers are always a highlight of my year.

What region of the world do you live in?
Texas, United States of America. It's hot, has unpredictable weather, and is actually very peaceful and pleasant.

What is your all time favorite movie?
Blade Runner. The cold, rainy , gloomy futuristic techno-city thingy it has going on is super awesome. Plus it's got Han Solo/Indiana Jones in it.

What TV shows are you currently following or love?
I don't have television service.

What is your favorite music artist and genre?
Pendulum and electronica/techno/drum and bass... all that stuff.

Who first introduced you to gaming?
My parents, who purchased a NES for me back when they were ancient even back then. Fun times. It was the only thing that kept me from destroying everything around me.

How old were you when you got your first computer?
Probably 10 or so, can't remember. Windows 95 and a game demo disk with 20 games on it. Good... freakin' times.

How old are you?
I AM AGELESS!!

What was your first video game? Do you still play it?
Super Mario Bros... the first one. No.

Cookies or cake?
Cake.

Milk Chocolate or white chocolate? or both swirled?
Milk chocolate!

AMD or Intel?
Intel has the upper hand RIGHT NOW.

ATI or Nvidia?
Depends on the price.
Last edited by Ultima Virus; Nov 4, 2012 @ 8:14pm
rotNdude Nov 5, 2012 @ 9:02am 
Is the NASA Mars mission with Curiosity treading on your territory and, if so, what is your plan?
bluz74 Nov 5, 2012 @ 10:41am 
Where have you been? The SUF misses you and Modiga has been struttin' around like he owns the place.

Is it true you have two large toes on each foot and there a large talon that sticks out where heel should be?

Why do cats have whiskers?

Does eram snore?

SUF or SPUD?




TBAGtv Nov 5, 2012 @ 1:09pm 
Do you have a favorite game made recently you play?

If you had a choice between having a hot demon girl or a kinky alien chick as your next girlfriend, what would you choose?
Last edited by TBAGtv; Nov 5, 2012 @ 1:15pm
Odra Nov 5, 2012 @ 4:55pm 
Wow, where to begin.

When I arrived to SPUF I remember seeing all the prestigious Moderators keeping order in the forums; Eram, Blinxx, Matt, TrippleD, ianskate, etc.

and then there was you...

How do you cope with feelings of inadequacy brought on by your peers?

Also, Sunrise or Sunset?
Pentagram Sam Nov 5, 2012 @ 4:59pm 
Autobots or Decepticons?
Hamster Gutz Nov 5, 2012 @ 5:00pm 
What is your favorite Kate Beckinsale movie?
A Person Nov 5, 2012 @ 5:02pm 
Marvel or DC?
Espresso Nov 5, 2012 @ 5:03pm 
How did you acquire the nickname "Insert Mod" (or do I want to know?)

What does it mean when the clock strikes 13?

What is the most profound question you have ever been asked?

If you were given a choice between One Direction and Justin Bieber, how much Pantera would you listen to?

Does blowing into cartridges really help?

Why am I lightheaded after blowing into cartridges?

Loose leaf or tea bags?

Is calling double-brewed coffee espresso unforgiveable?

What do you want for Christmas?

If there was a revolution tomorrow, and it was massive and bloody, what brand of popcorn would you eat?
Espresso Nov 5, 2012 @ 5:08pm 
As a virus, are you personally affected by Norton? (I know you aren't affected by McAfee, because nothing else is).
smash Nov 5, 2012 @ 5:28pm 
Hi Ultima!

Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig as James Bond?
Last edited by smash; Nov 5, 2012 @ 5:29pm
BOOMY Nov 5, 2012 @ 6:52pm 
HI Ultima Virus,

What's your favorite part being a SPUF/SPUD moderator?
Ultima Virus Nov 5, 2012 @ 7:46pm 
Originally posted by rotNdude:
Is the NASA Mars mission with Curiosity treading on your territory and, if so, what is your plan?

It is. I plan to reverse engineer the inferior drone of discovery and allow the people of Earth to discover TERROR instead!


Originally posted by bluz74:
Where have you been? The SUF misses you and Modiga has been struttin' around like he owns the place.

Is it true you have two large toes on each foot and there a large talon that sticks out where heel should be?

Why do cats have whiskers?

Does eram snore?

SUF or SPUD?

I've been busy with my personal life. Nothing bad. All good... for now.

Yes.

They arent whiskers, they are actually symbiotic organisms that give cats telepathic powers.

SPUD.




Originally posted by DAM187TOP:
Do you have a favorite game made recently you play?

If you had a choice between having a hot demon girl or a kinky alien chick as your next girlfriend, what would you choose?

Guild Wars 2.

Hot demon girl, but she would need to swear her loyalty to me above all else and not try to harm me in any way.



Originally posted by Odra:
Wow, where to begin.

When I arrived to SPUF I remember seeing all the prestigious Moderators keeping order in the forums; Eram, Blinxx, Matt, TrippleD, ianskate, etc.

and then there was you...

How do you cope with feelings of inadequacy brought on by your peers?

Also, Sunrise or Sunset?

I remove my peers. No peers no problem. Or replace them with dopplegangers.

Sunset.



Originally posted by Soundwave:
Autobots or Decepticons?

Decepticons. Their weapons and designs are cooler.



Originally posted by ThePerson5:
Marvel or DC?

DC, barely.



Originally posted by ragan651:
How did you acquire the nickname "Insert Mod" (or do I want to know?)

What does it mean when the clock strikes 13?

What is the most profound question you have ever been asked?

If you were given a choice between One Direction and Justin Bieber, how much Pantera would you listen to?

Does blowing into cartridges really help?

Why am I lightheaded after blowing into cartridges?

Loose leaf or tea bags?

Is calling double-brewed coffee espresso unforgiveable?

What do you want for Christmas?

If there was a revolution tomorrow, and it was massive and bloody, what brand of popcorn would you eat?

Long story.

Game over, man, game over.

Your question.

All of it.

Yes.

Due to insufficient barometric pressure in the containment of the cartridge causing a low pressure instability in the localized region around it. This may cause a drop in blood pressure and the symptoms you describe.

Loose bags.

Yes.

Nothing.

Just the kernals. Cold.




Originally posted by ragan651:
As a virus, are you personally affected by Norton? (I know you aren't affected by McAfee, because nothing else is).

I am not.



Originally posted by smash:
Hi Ultima!

Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig as James Bond?

Only if they give me a good reason.

Pierce Brosnan.




Originally posted by kamoom:
HI Ultima Virus,

What's your favorite part being a SPUF/SPUD moderator?

The backbreaking manual labor builds character.
poodlenoodles Nov 5, 2012 @ 8:14pm 
when given the choice between two wrist bands that say either "Got balls?" the other "I love boobies", one supporting prostate cancer research and the other breast cancer, which would you pick?
Hamster Gutz Nov 5, 2012 @ 10:29pm 
Why didn't you answer my question? I'll assume it's because you got distracted and went to watch Underworld. Fine, here's a different question:

Do you prefer watching movies in theaters or at home?
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2012 @ 12:25pm
Posts: 39