此主題已被鎖定
Beowulf 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 6:01
Which one is better? Skype, Mumble, or Raidcall
Hi there! I want to know if Raidcall or Mumble uses less CPU and memory. Memory is on the task manager not hard drive. Skype uses around 150k memory when calling someone and that is quite a lot for a program that just lets you talk to other people. That isn't a problem to most of my games, but I'd still like lesser CPU usage. So, if you guys/gals can tell me which program that will let me talk to my friends that uses less memory and is free. Thanks!

Main parts on my PC:

8gb RAM DDR3
AMD HD 6670
AMD FX 4100 ~3.6ghz
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 28
Keithdidw0t? 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 6:42 
mumble is overall best
Keithdidw0t? 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 6:45 
takes less to run it, better quality, faster response time, everything
Beowulf 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 7:25 
takes less to run it, better quality, faster response time, everything

Thank you! Will try!
nya[dc] 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 7:45 
The only perk to using mumble is it has the absolute lowest latency of any VOIP, TeamSpeak 3 is a close second and with the added functionaluty it's a better overall client to use. If you're a competitive gamer though Mumble is the best because of the lack of latency.
Beowulf 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 7:48 
引用自 Nya`
The only perk to using mumble is it has the absolute lowest latency of any VOIP, TeamSpeak 3 is a close second and with the added functionaluty it's a better overall client to use. If you're a competitive gamer though Mumble is the best because of the lack of latency.

Hmmm, I have tried Mumble and suprisly it uses 33k memory but the downside is that you'll have to make your own server. Is Team Speak 3 free and do you have to make your own server?
nya[dc] 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 7:50 
引用自 Gravity Sandvich
引用自 Nya`

Hmmm, I have tried Mumble and suprisly it uses 33k memory but the downside is that you'll have to make your own server. Is Team Speak 3 free and do you have to make your own server?
They're all opensource, you can buy or host a server, it's up to you.
serum 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 7:53 
Mumble all they way. :D
Ineffable Anathema 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 9:07 
We use Axon.
Daydream Uzume 2013 年 9 月 22 日 上午 3:10 
I use G+ Hangouts.
Zefar 2013 年 9 月 22 日 上午 3:20 
I use Skype the most and with a good headset the quality is just perfect. I records the stuff I want to hear which is the voice of the other person. It removes background noises such as keyboard pressing and computer noise.

I haven't had problems with Skype either and even if there are 4 people in the chat at once. So most of the voice communication is based on how good your Mic is.
nya[dc] 2013 年 9 月 22 日 上午 3:22 
The only thing I find irritating is that if you jump between games or groups of people you have to have like 3-5 VOIP clients installed, oh do I miss the days where basically everyone just used Ventrilo...
Forsythe 2013 年 9 月 22 日 上午 3:33 
I use Skype, since I never really talk to any more than three people at once. It's also what I've always used, so I suppose the familiarity wins me over in this case.

I used RaidCall once, however I felt that Skype was cleaner/simpler to use.
Beowulf 2013 年 9 月 22 日 上午 10:08 
Yea, I agree with R4gn0r0k. Skype is really easy to use and has no background noise at all if you have a good mic. The problem i sthat is uses so much CPU usage. Is that normal?
intok 2013 年 9 月 22 日 下午 3:14 
Mumble.
Spawn of Totoro 2013 年 9 月 22 日 下午 3:19 
I prefer Dolby Axon.

Nice surround sound. It even has a feature that works with a game so you can hear the position of your squad mates when using a surround sound setup.

Easy setup and join. No server.
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 28
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 9 月 21 日 下午 6:01
回覆: 28