MaxHardcore 7. sep. 2013 kl. 12.29
Vietnam Games
Im am dismayed by all the bad games that keep coming from the gaming complex; especially the last three or four years. Everyone wants to make war games rather old or futuristic and that's VERY cool with me. What is NOT cool with me is that most war games and FPS just are not doing much innovative outside of graphics-it's like the fun dried up in the late 1990's (I've been a PC gamer since Commadore64). Juding by most reviews I've been reading over at sites like PC Gamer, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Onto the main talking point: Vietnam games.

What happened to the fun Nam games??? The last one with any flavor of cool was Vietcong...and that was around 2002 If I remember correctly. Anyone know of any Nam games announced? I figured some dev would want to try to score some fun in the Jungle with all this talk of 'Next Gen' hardware...but we shall see I guess.

A nam game rallying on the GHOUL2 hit system using a new engine would probably be a smash hit.

See you in the (next good) Jungle settings.
Sist redigert av MaxHardcore; 7. feb. 2021 kl. 19.19
< >
Viser 115 av 26 kommentarer
Czinger 7. sep. 2013 kl. 13.05 
Vietcong in 2002, was an amazing game.

I miss that time period.
Warchamp49 19. sep. 2013 kl. 10.32 
Vietcong 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Line of Sight: Vietnam, Made Man and Men of Valor.
MaxHardcore 19. sep. 2013 kl. 17.02 
LOS and VC2 were meh......same with Men of Valor-which didnt even have a jump function......so far bf vietnam and the Unsung Mod are worthy....still waiting on these damn lazy devs to do something at least sub-standard....
DoomSplitter 19. sep. 2013 kl. 17.19 
Opprinnelig skrevet av MaxHardcore:
LOS and VC2 were meh......same with Men of Valor-which didnt even have a jump function......so far bf vietnam and the Unsung Mod are worthy....still waiting on these damn lazy devs to do something at least sub-standard....
If you're going to blame someone for all the 'bad' games we're getting, then blame the people that keep buying into them. Publishers fund developers to make games that will sell. If you want something different or outside the box, you'll have to turn to the indie developers.
Ailes 19. sep. 2013 kl. 17.45 
i remember some oldish, pretty violent shooter game named "NAM" or "N.A.M.". With graphics around the level of Doom or so. Might be abandonware.
Sist redigert av Ailes; 19. sep. 2013 kl. 17.45
Ailes 19. sep. 2013 kl. 17.50 
Opprinnelig skrevet av DoomSplitter:
Opprinnelig skrevet av MaxHardcore:
If you're going to blame someone for all the 'bad' games we're getting, then blame the people that keep buying into them. Publishers fund developers to make games that will sell. If you want something different or outside the box, you'll have to turn to the indie developers.
thats only half of the truth. various kickstarter projects show that even genres that were considered kind of dead (space games for example) still pay off. though it seems the particular example im thinking of (star citizen) is selling for the name affilitated to it (chris roberts) already enough and that it could have been something else as well
MaxHardcore 21. sep. 2013 kl. 8.51 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Enoah:
i remember some oldish, pretty violent shooter game named "NAM" or "N.A.M.". With graphics around the level of Doom or so. Might be abandonware.

N.A.M.!

That was on the old 3d realms engine and you know what? That ♥♥♥♥ was fun too for its time....probably still is. Anyone know of any Nam games (speaking of kickstarters) announced for 2014-15?
MaxHardcore 21. sep. 2013 kl. 8.53 
Doomsplitter your right about that too.
MaxHardcore 4. juni 2014 kl. 15.36 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Lysithea:

Ah yes-on the 3D realms Duke Nukem Engine-I had it too. That was pretty fun.
Supa Hot Fire 4. juni 2014 kl. 15.47 
Men of Valor
Fork_Q2 4. juni 2014 kl. 15.52 
Science fiction setting allows for more creativity; games set in the near-future or recent past aren't going to be that much different. More SF games please.
MaxHardcore 4. juni 2014 kl. 16.05 
MOV had no Jump function-and that ercked me to no end. A soldier in Nam not jumping? Seemed like I was playing a bad version of MOH. Ehh.....The scripted scenes were yawn factor after seeing them over and over again. The MP always yeilded 400+ ping too-and that really turned me off. We need some new ♥♥♥♥ (Nam experience).
Cold Blood 22. mai 2015 kl. 7.32 
This discussion is probably dead but did any of you play Shellshock: Nam 67 or Conflict: Vietnam?
Opprinnelig skrevet av DovaDwarf:
This discussion is probably dead but did any of you play Shellshock: Nam 67 or Conflict: Vietnam?

I loved conflict vietnam on the ps2, as well as conflict desert storm 2
Sist redigert av Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ; 22. mai 2015 kl. 9.09
< >
Viser 115 av 26 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 7. sep. 2013 kl. 12.29